www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:16 am 
Goldfish

I have an alum prop currently, either 21 or 19 pitch (I haven't gotten it out of storage so I can't remember...isn't that sad). Anyone with my boat switched to either SS, 4 blade, or both? Also curious about changes in pitch.

I know what the technical answers are, I was just hoping someone with the same boat could save me a test run or two. Also not sure if I'll be able to try a new one without buying it.

Post subject: Prop question
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm 
Guppy

I use a brand called Turning Point, they are out of Elk Grove Village, IL and have replaceable props with the "permanent" hub kits. I have a NON dual prop system (hate the cost of a new prop when river-dinged as the dealer scared me with) so I don't know if they have the dual prop system available but I LOVE their props.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:15 pm 
Mental Floss

Ditto on the Turningpoint props. Just put on on the 170 Freedom. Check out Ebay. You should be a ble to find a prop and hub kit for about $100

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject: turning point props
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:47 am 
Guppy

I had to replace a prop i had dinged LATE last fall after a musky fishing run through the FR Locks and with the buoys in with my GPS not updated quickly enough, i got a slight ding on the prop which caused a slight shudder. I had a 23" as a backup (in the Turning Point Prop) and installed if for our first outing this season. Great tall prop but with a load of family and guests, too tall. I called Turning point, got Jason on the phone and he hooked me up with the latest prop line for CHEAP. I can work with him to see if he will set our group up with a special discount too but this is a fine prop and I love them better than the Michigan Wheel SS or alum which i've run. I only would stop buying from them if I found out that the company was an overseas one which is messing with USA!