www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:54 pm 
Sting Ray

I have a 2006 Four Winns 224 deckboat with only 220 hours on it. I've owned this boat since new back in 2006 with no issues......... until now. The engine is a 5.7 GXI-G in which the fuel pump failed due to them painting the inner assembly. This paint has softened and flaked as you can see below. You may or may not know about this but, there are several other people with the same problem. It's extremely hard for me to wrap my head around a company this huge to distribute these pump assemblies doomed for failure. Does anyone know if VP stopped this process on the interior of these assemblies? If so, is there a VP bulletin on this? I would sincerely appreciate your input. Thanks, Ray

https://youtu.be/FP9iieaUPmc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:47 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Unfortunately this is a well known issue, especially if you use gas that has ethanol in it...but VP is still much better than a Merc IMO!

If you can't wrap your head around this, do some reading up on the Volvo Penta XDP Outdrive disaster.

Check out https://mancavemechanic.com/ as he refurbs the pumps and gets them back to you without the interior paint. You could also sandblast your own and replace both pumps (aftermarket are available on eBay and Amazon).

I have the original pumps in my '07 358...still going strong (no paint chips as of two weeks ago on one motor). Just hit 700 hours...