www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:32 am 
email admin your custom rank

I have a Navman 5600 chartplotter with the fuel flow kit, which I calibrated in 2006. I'm just winterising my boat this week and topped up the fuel tank. Since when I last reset the "total fuel used" to zero, the unit today indicated I have used 709 litres of fuel. It was also indicating I had 230 litres remaining (tank capacity 246 litres). On topping up the tank, it would only take 18 litres, so it was over reading the actual quantity by 2 litres. i.e. the engine had used 2 litres more than indicated.

Back calculating to the total consumption, it had actually used 711 litres, not the 709 litres indicated i.e. it only had an error of - 0.28%! Pretty impressive, a lot more accurate than the fuel gauge. The nice part is that I can now go back in to the calibration menu, and set the calibration "total fuel used" to 711 litres, so it should be almost spot on from now on. For anyone else with this unit, I have the "fuel flow filter" set at 50 which seems to work ok.

Graham

Last edited by Graham R on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:47 am 
email admin your custom rank

Good info.

I have a Northstar (Navman) plotter. Part of the decision to go with this one was the easy integration of the fuel flow meter feature. I'll likely install the transducer next year.

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner