www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:27 pm 
Clownfish

Hi!
I've got a Horizon 180 with a 4.3 GL-D (red engine). The engine has been running rich, so I want to retard the distributor a few degrees (after attaching the shunt and using a timing light). The hold-down bolt for the distributor is a tamper-resistant screw/bolt. What it is, is a hex (allen) shape with a pin in the middle of it. It seems to be a 5.5mm. Anybody know what size it exactly is? I called my dealer and they won't sell me the tool. I can find 5 and 6mm tamper resistant hex bits, but not a 5.5mm. I have a 5.5mm allen wrench, and am thinking of knocking out that pin or using an extractor. I hate to go to that extreme, but I'd just like to remove that bolt and replace it with something more common.

Thanks,
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:01 pm 
Narwhal

Seen this before on other devises. Very easy to drill out the bump and use a regular allen wrench with the right sized drill bit. Other options would be to notch it, and use a flat blade to remove it and then replace it with the bolt type you prefer. If all else fails, I believe you can find the bit on ebay.