www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:44 pm 
Minnow

Hello all,

Had a great time on Saturday, with the "new" sundowner, but hit a dead head or something and chewed my new aluminum prop to pieces. also, only getting around 3300 top end rpm, and not all seems right, had a 14 1/2 x 19 propeller on it. I am reading that WOT is between 4200-4600, but she is SLOW!!! Looking to increase speed, perhaps maintain a higher RPM...

Does anyone know what the stock prop size on the four winns 1992 225 sundowner with 5.7 L 351 OMC engine? If I can zero back out the prop size perhaps I can get the RPMS up.

Also, after about 3 hours run time, started to get power fluctuations, eventually cut out, found a dropped plug wire off the port rear cylinder, would this explain my intermittent power issue? She idled okay into harbor but would cut in and out when demanding more than 2000 rpm.

Any advice - its such solid boat, I am very impressed by the quality of the four winns make...I think we will have this one a long time if I can keep from beating it up getting on the Trailer!!!