www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Throttle problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:11 pm 
Minnow

I have a 2000 268 Vista with a Volvo Penta 5.7Gsi w/ DP-SM drive. My questions is that the throttle control is tight and binds in the forward gear position just at the point where forward gear engages and you begin to give it gas. Reverse is no problem-gear engages and throttle advance is smooth. The throttle control is smooth and does not bind when you depress the disengagement button and just give it gas so I ruled out the throttle cable. I then took off the cover and watched all of the mechanics of the control work thinking that it was a shift cable problem but it engages forward and hits the stop fine. At this point the shift cable cannot go any further and this is where the throttle cable begins to move and it binds. I lubed up the controller and it still binds. Reverse engages the same way but the throttle advance is smooth so i asssume it is not the shift cable. This is tough because it is very tight at low RPM's when you need it fo docking, etc. Any similiar problems with anyone and any solutions/suggestions? By the way it is an OMC control that was standard on the '00 268 Vista.