www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:10 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Does anyone know whether the throttle cable on this engine is a push-to-open v. pull-to-open type of throttle assembly?

I'm in the process of preparing to install PerfectPass on my 07 Horizon 220, but when ordering the sales rep advised that FW sometimes puts a push-to-open throttle assembly on its Merc engines. Just wondering if anyone knows whether this is specific to certain FW models, or specific to certain types of Merc engines.

FYI-for anyone out there considering PerfectPass for their boat, it is NOT compatible with a push-to-open throttle assembly. I'm crossing my fingers that mine has pull-to-open, as I'd really like to have this system (and NOT the $4K Merc version!!!) installed. I'll get a firsthand look at my boat over the weekend to know what is on my specific model, and update this thread accordingly.

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:13 am 
230 Mike

Wish I knew, but I'm looking forward to any updates...

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 am 

Well, my PerfectPass may come to me today by Fedex. If it does, and it rains like is forecasted, then I may be spending my Saturday installing it if this engine is a pull-to-open throttle assembly.

I'll take pictures and submit it on the new projects site for all to see. I already know what it is like performance-wise. It is a dream for any water skier/wakeboarder out there who has ridden behind a driver who doesn't know what they are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 am 

On a 2007 220 Horizon, this engine DOES have a pull to open throttle assembly. Therefore, I WILL be installing the PerfectPass system. Unfortunately (or maybe not?) the weather was nice and I spent my weekend on the water with my parents, my wife, and our 20 month old son. Poor PerfectPass had to sit there in the box all by itself :(

Since this project requires cutting a hole in the transom with a 2" hole saw and then using sealer when installing the paddlewheel flange, I need 24 hours of cure time before I can take it back out on the water. I'll probably just cut the hole and install the flange on a Sunday afternoon/evening before heading back home at the end of the weekend. Of course, there will be pictures and detailed descriptions for all to utilize in case they want to take on a project like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:00 pm 
Shark

Paul
Which perfect pass did you get? Searching their site i saw 3 or 4 different types to choose from, and if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? did you order it direct?
I can't wait for the pics
Matt

2005 Horizon 200 LE - Volvo Penta 5.0GXi 270

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:11 pm 

Matt,

I got the Wakeboard Pro model. I believe their prices are listed on the site- I think it was $1,099.00. I checked with my local boat/board shop that carried it, and the price was the same. I was going to keep it local and order through them, but they said it would take a week to 10 days to get it to me. I called PerfectPass and ordered it on a Wednesday-it was in my hands on Friday at no extra charge via Fedex.

They have been great to work with so far and I've heard that their service/tech support over the phone is second to none. Given my previous post, I'm probably looking at a 2-stage, 2-weekend installation. Stage 1 is cutting the hole and sealing the flange on the hull. Stage 2 is installing the throttle linkage, control module, and new gauge-which completely replaces the Fauria speedometer gauge.

Hopefully I'll be enjoying it the weekend after next. BTW, their instruction manual for installation is available online so you can look it over closely and decide if you are up to the task.

http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_support_usersmanual.html

I was going to pay someone $500 in labor to do it for me before I even took possession of my boat, but factory delays caused a time crunch that wouldn't allow that to happen before Memorial Day. After reviewing the instructions, I feld comfortable doing it so I'll spend the $500 on something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:03 am 
Shark

Thanks Paul
I saw your story in regards to delivery & speedo - glad to see your up and on the water.
I'm going have to wait til next year, espc. with the wife not having a problem with me adding the tower this year.
love to hear how install was and how it works.
matt

2005 Horizon 200 LE - Volvo Penta 5.0GXi 270

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:23 am 

We were going to pay cash for whatever installation of the system occurred, and not put it on the loan (dealer wasn't comfortable installing it and recommended a ski shop near them to do it), so I had budgeted it out and actually am saving $500. That will get burned up after about 3 tanks of gas. :D If I hadn't set that money aside, I'd be waiting until next year myself.

My best sales pitch: "Sweetheart (wife), this makes it easier for you to drive the boat when you pull me. It controls the speed-one less thing for you to worry about. All you have to do is watch for other boats and drive in the straightest line possible. Oh, and come back for me when I fall." Most of these things sounded appealing to her. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:19 pm 
230 Mike

Most?

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic