www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:06 pm 
Seahorse

I have an '05 250 with a '04 trailer. It has original Carlisle tires and I have towed it from K.C. to Fl. twice and to Branson numerous times and had no trouble. I'am currently having trouble with the Kodiak disc brakes. One calliper hung-up and ground up the back side of the pad and got into the rotor. Croft trailer in Olathe is currently fixing this problem.
I did change out all the cheap lights and installed LED lighting. It made a huge difference.
Other than the calliper and the cheap brake line brackets, it's holding-up pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:37 am 
230 Mike

Hey Shawn! Haven't heard from you since last year at TR by the swing. How ya been?

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:18 pm 
Seahorse

Hey 230 Mike:
I've been doing pretty good. And yourself? You taken any more trips down south or have you been sticking close to home?
I think we might be spending more time at Table Rock. My wife and I are looking at a lot on the lake. We will see what happens.
Is the boat still running good? I went ahead and changed the ac platinum plugs and replaced them with NGK Irridium plugs. I'm pretty happy with them. I had hesitation at about 1200 rpm with the platinum plugs and now I don't have any.
Later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:24 pm 
The Bug Doctor

:( After all of our rain, mine is showing a lot of rust!

Time to get a can of Rustoleum Paint :?: :roll:

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat

http://www.seabrook-services.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:25 pm 
230 Mike

Shawn, we were just down there a couple of weeks ago for 8 days. It was wonderful as usual, although the lake out around Shell Knob was so full of debris it was unusable.

I envy you for being able to look at lots down there - we drove around Kimberling City a bit and there were a number of very nice houses for sale, some with gorgeous views, but none particularly close to the water of course.

Boat's running great, glad to hear a set of plugs fixed you up.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:37 am 
email admin your custom rank

My only beef with the trailer is darn guide bunks at the rear of the trailer. I trailer a Vista and I am surprised I havn't broke the dang things off. If they are "guide" bunks, don't you think you should be able use them to guide the trailer on? They are completely worthless and that is ONE of of my offseason projects is to have them beefed up.

"Where Da Go"
2002 248 Vista
Lafayette, IN
http://blueoceanlife.worldventures.biz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:37 am 
Narwhal

On the cheap brake line brackets, maybe add a dab of 3M 4200 to adhere them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:20 am 

woggy718 wrote:
My only beef with the trailer is darn guide bunks at the rear of the trailer. I trailer a Vista and I am surprised I havn't broke the dang things off. If they are "guide" bunks, don't you think you should be able use them to guide the trailer on? They are completely worthless and that is ONE of of my offseason projects is to have them beefed up.

Four Winns will tell you they are visual guides only. Both of mine the welds are ripping the fender off. I use them to climb on the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:13 pm 
McLovin

Are you kidding me "Visual guide bunks" now that is the biggest joke I have ever heard. LAME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

After owning a Heritage Custom with my last boat, I am not real impressed with my FW trailer for my 248.

The Fulton Jack is an absolutely POS.... The side guides are better "steps" than they are guides... The bunks are tearing up my gelcoat and they should NOT be.... I honestly wish my baby was sitting on a Heritage or Prestige or a friggen aluminum I beam like a Nexrail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:20 am 

I'm wondering what the trailer division people at FW would say if they saw this thread. I think the complaints are easily rectified with a little bit better engineering and use of components.

2007 Sea Ray 290 Sundancer

Current boat
2004 Sea Ray 290 Sun Sport Twin 350 Mags

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:39 am 

mkperceptions wrote:
Are you kidding me "Visual guide bunks" now that is the biggest joke I have ever heard. LAME

Thats what you will hear if you try to get the broken welds fixed on a trailer still under warranty. Was told I was using them as "guides" to center the boat when I trailer when in fact they are there for a visual ad. So they are being cut off this winter. FOUR WINNS TRAILERS SUCK

Did I happen to mention this already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 am 
230 Mike

Cincy Aquaholic wrote:
I'm wondering what the trailer division people at FW would say if they saw this thread. I think the complaints are easily rectified with a little bit better engineering and use of components.

For a short time there was a FW trailer employee here. Or was that on the old mailing list? I can't remember. We haven't heard from him in a long time, but he had some interesting insight and comment on things. Wish he was still around.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:56 pm 
Clownfish

I have some beef. 1) The jack can go suck my balls, I'm surprised it hasn't snapped off yet, because it is on such an angle. 2) While backing the boat and trailer into a space not wider than the boat, I accidentally hit the fence, and completely screwed that bunk up. It was easily bendable back to its original location. Just says how weak they are. 3) The back-up solenoid also can go suck my balls, it's very selective, sometimes it will work, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't see to work when ever I'm backing it into my driveway when there is a car coming, so I have to use force and hea the tires go EEEEEEEEEEE I just laugh. 4) I'm concerned about the tires. I tow frequently now because we will be selling it for bills and get a smaller one. Some people in Wisconsin are interested in it and I just hope I don't get a blow out.

Bimini Top Extension
Full Camper
Full Mooring Cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:15 pm 
Forty six and Two

I have the H190 with the single axle trailer with the gator hide coating.

MY TRAILER IS FREAKING AWESOME

The brakes work perfect it backs up perfect the bunks center the boat perfect. Sunday we pulled it for a trip over for the 20 hour service my wife put it on way crooked and the ramp is shallow so i had to crank it on more than half way. It came up it self centered and its 1million times better than my old searay. It is such a pleasure to trailer this boat.

73 International Scout II

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next