www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:56 pm 
email admin your custom rank

JohnnyMarlin wrote:
hutch9900 wrote:
Seems pretty ridiculous for you to say these things on a boating forum.

What's the problem........Aren't we all friends here? :?:

I have a friend who is a banker, give me your SSN, DOB, and address and I will see what I can do. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:13 pm 

I'm not giving out anything that anyone can't find on Google about anyone.

I got the payments to $420/m today the bank finalizing the paperwork. 14% is high, but turns out my credit score is 520! AH! I hope to be in the mid 700's this time next year. It's about time in my life I start building it up, and might as well get a tow vehicle out of it. I plan to pay it off within a year so while the interest rate might be high, I think in the end if I pay it off in 1 year I've only paid $16200 total from the original $15000 I'm buying it for. She said if I can get to a 650 by April they can drop it to around 5-8% instead of 14.25.

Why not wait? Because I'm daily driving 150 miles a week a highly modified turbo drag race car. It's been playing nice but there's no way it's going to be kind to me for too much longer. One break down, one repair is a few months worth of truck payments.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:45 pm 

Why don't you lower your loan-to-value by putting more down and that should get you a lower rate due to less risk? Also, go open up a couple of secured credit cards and use them each month but don't go higher than 30% of the high-credit limit on the balance. Give it 3 or 4 months, and you will have a score over 680 (if you don't have any derogatory credit, that is). Once you get your score up, refinance your loan.

Last edited by 298VISTA2000 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:52 pm 

Here in these parts, if you pay a loan off early, it can hurt your credit rating. Look into this. It might be different in Florida though.

Holy crap ric, when I was your age, I was on my "starter marriage" owned my own home and 2 rental homes.

I've always said,,,,, Don't wait to buy land, buy land and wait.

And a lot of others.

Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 pm 

I'm divorced.

Never really had the urge to own a house until recently. I've moved A LOT in my life, but been in this area for 7 years now. I love it, so might as well buy a place ya know? Soon as the truck is paid off that's my next goal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:09 pm 

ric wrote:
To be honest, even if it was in a slight bender it's got a clean title and under 100k miles. The truck is worth 20k in other parts of the USA as others have mentioned and would sell for that no questions asked the way it stands in the pictures.

As far as the airbag thing goes, in the Toyota report it states they replaced the airbag and the airbag light was still on. It didn't give any more explanation. From those words it doesn't sound like accident related. If the drivers airbag deployed so would the passenger, and the windshield would be wiped out. That would be an insurance claim for sure, and on the carfax. Might seriously just have been a defective airbag sensor. I'll check for damage/damage repair. Body gap lines out of whack, etc. It's not a 25k CPO, it's 15k. Not expecting perfection, just expecting the usual wear/tear on a 6 year old 85k vehicle.

Passengers airbag will only blow if someone or something heavy enough is in the seat.

2006 5.0GXI w/closed cooling, DP-sm 1.95 drive
Previous boat:
1998 Sundowner 205

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:48 pm 

Leaving at 9 am tomorrow. Rented a car and got a few buddies going were going to play around south beach for a bit after. Nervous. I've bought plenty of boats but its my first vehicle in 8 years. And its my dream truck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:18 pm 

Jeez ric, no report?

Or have you been busy bolting a set of smart tabs on that puppy?

And a lot of others.

Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:06 pm 

Well, what an interesting weekend. Not even sure where to start.

Picked up the rental Mazda 3 at around 930am Saturday morning. $40 bucks for 24 hours. Lucky that the Enterprise location next to my house is closed on Sunday so basically it was just return the car sometime before they open Monday. Loaded up a few buddies and we eventually left around 10.

Was in no hurry to make the trip so arrived at the dealer around 2, hit some rain on the way down. Wasn't raining at the car dealer though. Saw the truck passing by to park somewhere it looked good.

Walked up to the truck AND IT WAS A WHOLE NOTHER STORY!!! @$@#$^! There wasn't a square foot of freaking sheet metal that wasn't scratched or dented. The interior was full of cigarette burns in the seats. They didn't fix the broken bumper. Radio antenna was ripped off. On the passenger side there was an apparent repair job because they didn't match the red paint exactly. Total piece of shit. I walked into the dealership, introduced myself and told them I don't want that wrecked piece of shit they lied to me. They were like, well.. what can we do? I told em to get bent and walked off.

So it's Saturday afternoon and I'm with 3 buddies in Miami, what to do?? My not so ex wife lives in Miami we talk on the phone but haven't seen her in 5 years let's call her. We meet up at Duffy's on the river and have some drinks. Day turns into night we go chill at one of her houses she calls "The Castle" which is a 8 bedroom mansion on the intercoastal in Miami Beach. Hang out there for a while and decided to hit up a few more spots, round midnight my friends wanted to hit up Clevelanders and me and her went somewhere quieter to catch up. We end up staying at the bar til around 4 and she has another apartment on a canal that was close so we crash there. I text the address to my friends and they come back drunk around 5 with good stories lol. Woke up around 9, the boys were gone to play on SoBe before we had to drive back home and me and her had breakfast at some really good cuban bakery. The boys come back to the apt and we head home. It was a nice 85 degrees when we left around noon, and by 3pm it was 67. Lame as ****. Got home and settled around 5 (again, took our sweet time driving) and went to a buddies Thanksgiving before Thanksgiving party. Now I'm home.

I decided I'm just going to save til around March and just put half down on a 2011-12 Certified Pre Owned with 20-30k miles and a fat Toyota warranty. My then my credit score should be banging on 700 and I'll get a 4% loan.

In other news, time heals things and me and the lady really clicked. We're going to make serious efforts to repair our marriage. I didn't get a truck in Miami this weekend, but I think I might get back something better. It's kind of bittersweet because it also means eventually I will have to leave this life I know in Orlando behind and move to Miami to start back the one I originally had. Things are good here, but I will with zero hesitation leave this all behind me if and when that time comes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:54 am 

Good luck with all that.......

2006 5.0GXI w/closed cooling, DP-sm 1.95 drive
Previous boat:
1998 Sundowner 205

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:38 am 

Quote:
In other news, time heals things and me and the lady really clicked. We're going to make serious efforts to repair our marriage. I didn't get a truck in Miami this weekend, but I think I might get back something better. It's kind of bittersweet because it also means eventually I will have to leave this life I know in Orlando behind and move to Miami to start back the one I originally had. Things are good here, but I will with zero hesitation leave this all behind me if and when that time comes.

Sounds like you finally found a project worth putting your energy into...it's funny the way things work out.Good Luck :D

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon
1973 Startcraft 18ft "Sea Pickle"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 am 

Typical used car dealer. They know you are driving 4 hours and know you will more than likely walk when you see the POS but they don't give a damn. Same thing happened to me when I was truck shopping. You need to write up a nice review on them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:05 pm 

Bliss36 wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like you finally found a project worth putting your energy into...it's funny the way things work out.Good Luck :D

Right? What a crazy turn of events.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:22 pm 

I figured that truck would be a POS. You seem to be magnetic to that kind of stuff. Thus the reason so many of us tried to show you the red flags.

Now! What I want to know is; did you get a certified check or bank draft for that truck? If so, you have completed the terms of the loan and now must repay according to the terms of said loan contract.

As for reconciling with your X,,,, you are clearly out of you freakin mind.

And a lot of others.

Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 pm 

Winter Sux wrote:
I figured that truck would be a POS. You seem to be magnetic to that kind of stuff. Thus the reason so many of us tried to show you the red flags.

Now! What I want to know is; did you get a certified check or bank draft for that truck? If so, you have completed the terms of the loan and now must repay according to the terms of said loan contract.

As for reconciling with your X,,,, you are clearly out of you freakin mind.

Loan was voided out this morning at 9am. That's why I love credit unions.

I'm still all pre-approved and stuff so I'm just going to take that 15k and save up another 10k to throw down on a 2012 CPO. They're always around the local dealers for around 22 out the door with 20-30k miles, 100k mile warranty, etc. My goal is a Magnetic Gray with black interior.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next