www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:01 pm 
Goldfish

cause mine was made on either a monday or a friday...

when I first picked it up from the dealer in 2012 I noticed right away that the tires seemed to sit high in the wheel wheel... I inquired about how the leaf springs sat, as they were practically flat (I assumed they should be curved aka leaf spring) dealer assured me they were designed that way...

didn't take long for issues to come up... first it was the wheel well carpeted wood piece that keep the road spray off the boat would keep coming loose.... as they are just screwed on as apose to bolted the screws kept coming loose.

then both wheel well covers were coming loose.... several trips to the dealer to be fixed, never seemed to fix the issue.... must be some vibration somewhere... the paint on the wheel wheels is rubbed off from the tires hitting the top of the wheel wells... I've made it a point to go look at other h210s in the lot and they are all the same... flat leaf springs and rubbed tire spots in the wells...

then in mid summer last year a leaf spring broke off... luckily it was at the very back on the back axle so no major damage other then major tire wear. dealer replaced two tires and two leaf springs I paid to have the front two replaced aswell. the replacement springs are about three times as thick and actually hold the tires out of the wheel wells...

now one of my tires is starting to wear badly on the inside (front axle passenger side) and i've noticed that the rear axle is slightly to the left of the front (sticks out on the driver side and is more to the inside of the passenger side if that makes sense) need to try and figure out how I can see if the axles are tracking straight

this trailer keeps me up at night and am tired of going to the dealer... anyways hope this helps someone with this set up or close too it too avoid issues... check your leaf sprins I wouldn't be surprised if you find them to be bent or near failure...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:09 pm 
email admin your custom rank

They make these trailers to be flashy and that's it...its a damn shame. You will here nothing positive about them. Mine is an 08 and guess they're still rolling down hill.

Leaky brake lines, leaky hub seals, abnormal tire wear blah blah blah. They should discount these trailers and let you throw a real one under the boat like a mcclain .....I haven't noticed the spring issue but will check after I drink a beer or two. Fyi..my well carpet covers are pulling loose also.

They need to get out of the trailer business and stick to boats.

Post some pics

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:03 am 
Goldfish

will do just at work and doing research on trailer fixes will post when I get to my home computer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:55 am 

What do they charge for these trailers when you buy a new boat? It seems that they may be cheaper than a good aluminum bunk trailer but I think you'd be better off with a trailer set up the way you want it. I have modified my old galvanized Load Rite a few times over the years, replacing the axle, adding brakes, rollers and a longer tongue (9') to make launching easier. There are so many good brands of trailers out there if I ever got a new boat I'd probably insist on a trailer of my choosing instead of what they give you...

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:40 pm 
Shark

Love my FW boat! Hate my FW trailer with a passion. I can't count how many sleepless nights it has caused me. I wish I had better news for you but I don't.... Sorry man!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:21 pm 

I agree, the FW trailers are crap. But, most of you Americans use your boats in fresh water I have been told. Course in Oztralia we use ours mostly in sea water. My brakes (drums) lasted about 2 years before rusting out. Even though they were coated with some protector coating. Trailers in Australia that are made tough would cost about $2500-3000 for a twin axle disc brake trailer in galvanised paint with wobble rollers and tough springs. It cost me $1500 to change from drums to disc brakes with wire mechanism.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:33 pm 

When I bought my 2005 Funship in August of 2012.......the trailer was JUNK......I even told the guy I bought it from that I was not going to consider any value to it in the purchase of the boat........he knew it was junk so he didn't push back.........I paid him a fair price for the boat alone........

Within 4 weeks of ownership I had a custom fit all aluminum trailer ordered, Thanksgiving week I took delivery........since the brakes were shot and I was not going to put a dime into that rust bucket........ I only used my boat twice before my new trailer was delivered.........both times I was scared to death!

Remarkably I sold that POS trailer on Craigslist for $1000.... :mrgreen: ......I was prepared to haul it to the scrap yard......

This aluminum trailer tows like a dream!........I ordered it with every available upgrade there was.......LED lights, oversized jack......belt buckles........all stainless hardware......you name it......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:04 pm 
Shark

Hey Johnny, what did you pay for the all alum trailer? Where?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm 
Goldfish

the break

[img][IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w486/Trevor_Rommelaere/IMG_1085.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w486/Trevor_Rommelaere/IMG_1084.jpg[/img][/img]

The fix to get home

[img][IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w486/Trevor_Rommelaere/IMG_1087.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w486/Trevor_Rommelaere/IMG_1088.jpg[/img][/img]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:42 pm 

JohnnyMarlin wrote:
When I bought my 2005 Funship in August of 2012.......the trailer was JUNK......I even told the guy I bought it from that I was not going to consider any value to it in the purchase of the boat........he knew it was junk so he didn't push back.........I paid him a fair price for the boat alone....

Ha. Sounds familiar.

When I bought my 2000 H240 (2 years ago) the seller had an asking price for the boat, and said the trailer was free if I wanted it. :|

prev. boats:
'87 Chaparral 198CXL 4.3 OMC Cobra
'69 Jetstar 16ft Ski Boat, 115hp Yamaha
'68 Aluminum Jon Boat, 3hp Sears
'64 Water Wings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 pm 

jacknbella wrote:
Hey Johnny, what did you pay for the all alum trailer? Where?

I Paid right about $5300 plus tax and fees............that includes $600 in custom wheels........I could have done it a bit cheaper for about $4500 if I hadn't added all of the goodies.....It rides so solid with that I-beam construction........I purchased it from.....http://www.westcoasttrailers.com/

Here it is after the first launch in December 2012.....

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:21 pm 
Goldfish

well update on my trailer situation....

I dropped it off to the dealer and they said in two days they'll be able to have a look at it....

called back a week later.... "yes its been done now for 5 days".... I asked them to define done... "Done as in theres nothing wrong with it"

long pause between myself and the maintance person.... Can I talk to the manager.... tell the manager whats going on. he calls back 5 min later and says yes I can see what your saying... we'll take another look at it....

another week later and about 5 phone calls to make sure they are on top of it they are finally realigning the axles and replacing two tires under warranty.... whats left to be said is how the fix will be....

heres to hoping...