www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Towing Capacities
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:47 am 
french 829

I towed mine with our 2005 Nissan Pathfinder for a couple of years. It was rated for around 6000 lbs. Never seemed to have much trouble--but even with limited towing from our storage unit to the boat ramp--the hills of Tennessee prematurely killed my transmission. I tow now with a Nissan Armada. Not sure where you are located. If it is pretty much flat land--you are probably good. If you have some major hills like we have--you might be looking at a dead transmission after just a few years. At least that was my unfortunate experience.

2011 Nissan Armada Platnum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 am 
email admin your custom rank

Thanks for the 4runner review. I was going to ask if anyone has towed with one
of the new ones. I'm thinking of getting rid of the pick-up and that would be
what I would look at. Sounds like it would be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:23 pm 

the new 4runners are total crapolia. brother in law has one OMG i hate that sack of crap so much... the seats for one are horrible. they killed any ounce of cargo room with the stupid rear folding seats that eat up 8" of vertical space. They should have kept it simple and left them removable for max cargo. The rear seat was designed for a 5 foot tall asian not a 6'2" american man. The rear seats are worse than the fronts. Next lets get to the stupid loud fan, holy crap the fan is so loud.. I can go on and on.. No way in hell would i spend 40k on one of those sacks of shit.. go out and get you a $20-30k used 2-5year old 2007-2013 Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban/Yukon XL with a real drive train and tow capacity. And most of all a roomy interior that will not cramp you and still allow you to haul cargo not having to strap crap all to the roof looking like the Griswolds.

If you want some towing capacity and more cargo room i cannot recommend the TAHOE any stronger.

The 4Runner is a mom car or a high school girls car. and that is about all it is useful for driving to the mall. go rent one and put some suitcases and kids toys and crap in it and ride around and you will feel like a fat man in a Miata.. I highly recommend NOT getting a 4runner you will not be happy at all.

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11136
1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD
2015 Emotion Stealth Angler 11

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:35 am 

I got momma a 4runner 7 years ago. I got the V8 sport with tow package and they no longer offer the v8. This is a well built reliable vehicle nd have had nothing to repair on it. It will haul ass but it needs to be a narrow ass with the small seats.

It only has 45 k miles and should last forever. It has the large rims/tires...tyranny cooler and larger radiator the came with tow package. I would never tow anything larger than a small pop up camper...jet skis....or 1100 lb aluminum bass boat with it though. This is definitely a momma car.....put two big guys in there and your bumping shoulders and fighting over arm rest

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:21 am 

You can get into a Dodge Durango HEMI with 7200 lbs towing capacity for under $35000. If you time it right, You can score a great deal around Late Oct/Nov as that is when the dealers start pushing last years models out with significant discounts.

Case in point - Our Durango's Sticker was $41990 - We picked it up in November for $32000.
We did the same with our Dart last year and got $4000 off sticker.

2013 Dodge Durango HEMI