www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fourwinns H210 Trailer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:03 pm 
Seahorse

We purchased our 2007 H210 new with a Fourwinns Dual Axle Trailer. We use it on the lower Potomac which is brackish water. I fresh water rinse the trailer every time it is used which is only 3-4 times a year since we keep the boat on a lift. I particularly pay attention to the suspension and brakes since they are fully submerged on the boat ramp.

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled the boat off of the lift because of the hurricane. A week later I wanted to move the boat and thought I would fill her up with gas since there is a gas station ~1 mile away. On the way back from the gas station, I almost lost the boat because the right side plates that the u-bolts attach to that hold the axle to the leaf springs failed.

The only thing that save the boat was that the fenders are bolted to the rear step which is welded to the frame. The wheels went up into the fender and went backwards as well.

On further inspection it appears that the Gatorhide that was sprayed on the trailer held moisture in and corroded the plates in place and on inspection you can't tell since the Gatohide is still in place.

I replaced the u-bolts and plates on both sides and I was lucky the left side did not fail too.

I was also lucky sense I was only going ~30 MPH. If I had been going highway speeds it might have been catastrophic.

Note to others ... check the plates for corrosion and replace if any doubt. The parts are available at Tractor Supply for ~$60.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:57 pm 
230 Mike

Excellent post! Pics would be interesting. Glad your boat is OK!

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic