www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:23 pm 
email admin your custom rank

If your truck has a ticking sound at cold startup and that sound goes away after minute or so....odds are you have a broken exhaust manifold bolt.

If so, and your under warranty take it in for repair as you dont want to do this yourself.

You can check easily as it is more often than not the rear most manifold bolts. When engine is cool crawl under truck behind front wheel...take a light and long screwdriver...tug on the tin heat shield and if its loose it's a broken manifold bolt or 2. They break off flush with head usually and removing them ain't fun.....I just did this repair as I didnt take it to dealer before warranty expired.

I went back with factory setup but if it happens again...I will be installing short tube headers.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:52 pm 

TX H210SS wrote:
If your truck has a ticking sound at cold startup and that sound goes away after minute or so....odds are you have a broken exhaust manifold bolt.

If so, and your under warranty take it in for repair as you dont want to do this yourself.

You can check easily as it is more often than not the rear most manifold bolts. When engine is cool crawl under truck behind front wheel...take a light and long screwdriver...tug on the tin heat shield and if its loose it's a broken manifold bolt or 2. They break off flush with head usually and removing them ain't fun.....I just did this repair as I didnt take it to dealer before warranty expired.

I went back with factory setup but if it happens again...I will be installing short tube headers.

Had this happen on a Durango years ago...a few hours in the garage and new bolts were in. Not a bad job if you have access.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:03 pm 

Agreed...my access wasnt bad after I removed the wheel and inner fender well. My issue came removing the broken stud from the head as it was recessed. Tried to mig weld a nut but too far recessed to get a good weld. Ultimately got it out drilling the stud and using an easy out. Took my time as I sure didnt want to drill into aluminum head.

Glad I got it done myself and saved about 400 dollars.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi