www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trailering Covers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:53 am 
2007 200 Horiz

Thanks for the info. Will have to check that out and maybe have them add it to the order.

We are trying to stay away from doubling our covers. We had to use our bow cover due to no support on the front and water pooling. However, the black cover now is covered with mold and has lost its ability to water proof, which i know a quick clean and spray and be back to normal. Just being in SC the rain and humidity is murder on the covers and want them to breath as best as possible. So going to give the front support pole a try and see...

Thanks for the info!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:57 am 
Dolphin

I ordered a FW trailering cover when we purchased our boat last month. Dealership told me that it would take awhile to come in because they custom make it for the boat. This doesn't sound correct to me as the brochures boast the fact that these covers are adaptable for towers, arches, etc. Thought that the boat size and model would be the only factor on which cover to send.

Anyway, we've been waiting for almost one month so far. Should it really take this long?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:15 pm 
2007 200 Horiz

Hi Frenzy,

I called a local dealer here when we were doing the research for prices and he didn't mention anything about it being back ordered.

He just asked for the year, model and make and provided a price. A month sounds odd unless they are just back ordered and are truly making more??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:23 pm 
Dolphin

As I became more concerned about it this week, I emailed the dealer to get an order #. I had to be careful not to make accusations about whether or not it was actually ordered, but they did provide me a valid order #. They said it should be here "soon".

Of course, I have the snap on covers, but would prefer to keep it stored with the larger cover to prevent the UV gelcoat fading here in the Colorado thin air. Just having trouble staying patient, I guess.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:02 am 
email admin your custom rank

Is everyone still happy with their trailering covers? How have they held up over time?

I've been using the bow/cockpit snap on covers but want something to cover more of the gelcoat, since she sits outside all day.

It's roughly $800 to get the trailering cover these days, a hefty chunk of change. And then it's how to cover below the rubrail and hide that from the sun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:49 pm 
email admin your custom rank

am happy with my custom cover. It protects from the sun. The biggest problem I have is the chafing that occurs at the edges on the rear corners. may have to put some masking tape over those areas when trailering as I cannot figure any other methods to inhibit this - cant get it any tighter when cinching, and cant really effectively use tie downs on those areas.