www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upgraded my tow vehicle!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 am 
email admin your custom rank

Went from a 2005 Pathfinder SE to a 2007 Pathfinder LE. The other one was a lemon. The new one is a creampuff. New tires, leather etc...
Old Pathy:

New Pathy:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 am 

Nice vehicle but why would you stick to the Nissan brand if you had a bad experience? There are so many others to choose from. I would be afraid to have the same issues with the newer vehicle and be starting back at ground one again.

'89 Chaparral Laser 32

'93 Vista 245, 5.8L w/ King Cobra

Former Boats
'01 H260, 7.4 VP Duoprop
'98 H200, 5.0 GL w/VP SX drive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 am 

The old one had a lot more miles and the 2005's were also known to have more problems (and specifically the ones I experienced). THis new one I got has half the miles and no rust (was a 1 owner GA car). The other one was an Ohio car that obviosuly was driven in snow/salt. I think the real issue is that I should never have gotten the 2005 last year (yes I only had it 9 months)... Fortunatly CarMax dealt with me very fairly on getting out of the old one.

Consumer reports lists the Pathfinders as tops in towing..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:27 am 

I had an 07 Frontier. Same platform as the Pathfinder. It was a great vehicle, towed well, had zero problems with it. If you had a lemon, it was probably something odd with that particular one. I have not heard anyone saying they had serious problems with those Nissans. I predict you'll love it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:37 pm 

Have a '07 Armada and it has been a great vehicle. Should be with us for many, many more years as it only has 30k miles on it and it gets driven an average of 10k or less a year. Good luck with the new truck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm 

Nice; Wish we could buy cars like that in the UK !

Graham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 pm 

Good luck with the new ride i really like the color. Hopefully your Nissan experience isn't like mine. I had nothing but problems with 2 out of 3. A 2002 sentra ser specv which was a year old with three motors first of which was at 30,000 miles and the second a 2002 maxima with three tranny right around the same mileage and a fight with them every time something broke. Sorry bout that still kinda bitter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:47 pm 
I tow with an '06 Armada LE that has been pretty good but we've had a few major issues. Part of the wiring harness has been replaced because it melted, we had tranny problems shortly after we bought it, the fuel guage sender was wrong and replaced under warranty and is due to be replaced again under recall, and the back-up sensors have died twice, once under warranty and again recently. It has 80k+ miles on it and I think it is just fine while my wife hates it because of the issues. I'll get the fuel guage sender replaced and see if I can get the back-up sensors fixed at some point. It will be paid off in December and will then be driven in the winter and to tow the boat while my wife drives something sportier in the summer. Oh, did I mention that the dealer wanted $700 to replace the motor for the hatch when the problem was a missing screw? That's another reason she hates it, our local dealer sucks. I bought my VW through them and my service advisor has been awesome while the Nissan service advisor has been a dork. Oh well. My next tow vehicle will be either a V6 or V10 TDI Touareg.

Tom
'08 H200

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:43 pm 
Dolphin

We also have a 2007 Pathy, here in Oz it is called the Ti, which is the high-spec one, we love it, no plans to change it. Currently we only tow a 4x6 trailer with it, however very soon we intend to have something a bit larger! :lol:

JB

Bimini/Targa, Bow and Cockpit canvas
2000kg tandem Dunbier trailer

Tow vehicle - Nissan Pathfinder Ti