www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:37 pm 
Goldfish

211sherminator wrote:
As far as the teak goes...
I hate sikkens. I refinished all my teak that had sikkens on it with teak guard.
I highly recommend it. Looks awesome and is extremely easy to maintain.

Looking for Teak Guard now. Much needed after the winter we just had. Time to refurb.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:44 pm 
Goldfish

Update: 9-11-2013,
Since last I"ve stripped out the entire interior and re-built all of the wood seats, berth panels and cushions, rear deck and rear bench seat. I've replaced all the supports in the engine compartment and did something the factory very oviously did not do that would have saved the wood is to waterproof it all before reupholstering.
The engine has been rebuilt and is ballistic now. Dropping in a new SiriusXM/CD/Radio (also Dish Network mobile TV) and punching it through a top shelf 1000 watt rms system w/2-10" woofers and 6-6" speakers all through Monster cable. I've been using it while doing all the repairs and it's been a joy this summer.
Heck, I figure a new S215 costs upwards of $100k now and still has the basic hull design and still Mercruiser parts are as numerous as any out there why not go all in? Kinda like a VW. You can always rebuild one. lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 pm 
email admin your custom rank

And the old boats like old muscle cars are just plain cooler!!!

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:16 pm 

LouC wrote:

+1 Love the windshields on the Libs of the era. Fountains, Formulas all had the same looking windshields too and the boats look like they mean business...fast just sitting there. Our SD has the same basic design, but a different hull shape. Boat looks great. Any photos of the upgrades?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:26 pm 
Goldfish

LouC wrote:

Ha! Right-o matey. You can't buy cool.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 am 
Goldfish

john55c wrote:
LouC wrote:

+1 Love the windshields on the Libs of the era. Fountains, Formulas all had the same looking windshields too and the boats look like they mean business...fast just sitting there. Our SD has the same basic design, but a different hull shape. Boat looks great. Any photos of the upgrades?

Yes, I have a ton of photos that I've taken. I took them mainly to remember how it came apart so I can put it back together the same way. lol. And you're right about the deisgn. I've seen hull design the past 20 years and have seen nothing change that radical to improve performance outside of the cats. And to tell you the truth a new one this size is upwards of $100 grand! But I'm not a rich cat guy. I'm just a worker bee who likes to party and go fast. This boat gives it to me. The 350/260 Mercruiser is perfect for this hull. It's great for going as fast in it as you'd like. Anything more and it would need to be in a 26 ft. 4 Winns designs a great boat. It's perfect our big Texas windswept lakes that can have swells up to 4 ft. at times. Good thing too is that it's very trailerable. So I'm very satisfied.

I am going to put another Topic in here on the finished product probably in the winter or spring depending on when I get the interior finished. It will be a work in progress though and I'll have pics to share now and then. Post up your old boat pics in the new "Old Boats Are Cool" thread asap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:25 am 
Guppy

Beautiful Boat! I owned a "86" 20+ years ago... Loved it and regretted selling her! So I just bought a "87" 3 weeks ago...It's got the Merc 260 /alpha package.

Like yours - I stole it

Good luck going forward

I cannot figure out how to paste a pict... :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:03 pm 
Tadpole

We also had a 1986 211 Liberator we special ordered. Hated to sell but living in NY the winters were long and summer boating season was short.
Living in the south now and its the opposite!
We have 2 Libs we are restoring both 211's 1988 and 1989. The prices on each made them worth it. 8)
We are looking for a replacement for the drop in cooler. Just need the formed plastic bin. Any ideas?
The hard part has been trying to find upholstery fabric for the cabin that we can agree upon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:28 pm 

Welcome! Consider starting a new thread with your question instead of reviving an old one. Introduce yourself to everyone and tell us about your projects. Oh, and pics are a must.

Tow Veh: 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X