www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:58 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Gregg ...........

You have an assignment.........

Photos of the boat up on plane and at speed.

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:09 pm 

A video on Youtube would be AWESOME!!!

Here's a comparison of the King Cobra and Bravo III

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:03 pm 
Dolphin

Thanks for the nice comments , it seems as though we have all passed each other at some point in life Cass and Orchard Lk some of my old stomping grounds Ken258 I grew up in Roseville and graduated Roseville High in 71 not to far from each other ,St Louis Dave I now live on 12 mile in Rockford near Meyers lk rd and we should take our boats out to muskeegon for vids, Mike I had the trailer made in Comstock Park near where I live by Ron Manning it will carry 12.500 lbs Gordon I accept the assignment, Paradise filling this puppy is scarry it loves gas, Blessid we will see how fast it will go when I learn how to drive it, Rick thats a nice looking boat you got there ill bet it pulls the skiers real cool the 211 is what I was lookig for then I found this and had to have it. I have some silencer tips on order from Eddie Marine after I pass the noise deal will wok on vids and some interior and engine compartment pics.
Thanks again Gregg 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:27 pm 

Greg...I live just off of Myers Lake just south of 9 mile and head out to Muskegon all the time. Sweet looking boat, let me know the next time you head out there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:23 pm 

Gregg,

If you EVER decide to swap out those King Cobras,

Your perfect setup will be Mercruiser 383's (small block Chevy's) with aluminum heads, aluminum intake/exhaust manifolds, Capts Call diverters and Bravo III's (You'll shave about 500lbs off the back of that boat)

It probably won't go any faster but it will probably use a little less gas and be far more snappy on the hole shot!

I just LOVE that 261!

Glad you got it running well! Waiting for before and after audio/video!!

Cheers,

Rick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:49 pm 
Shark

VERY COOL!!!!!!

I am always excited to hear about older boats updated!

Great job.

Ill post some liberator pics this evening if I have time! Just boats that have run through our shop, nothing I have owned!

I did almost purchase a 241 out of bay city called HOT TUB, I still kinda kick myself in the rear for not doing it! Would have been a fun boat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:06 pm 
Shark

black- 24 with twin 350's

red 26 with 460's

red/black- just a cool outboard boat with a huge cabin and cockpit I found browsing trader along time ago!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 pm 

A 241 with outboards on it?

Someone did some SERIOUS modifications to that boat!

I'll bet it FLIES with those Evinrude V-8's on it!! Those are 350hp?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:41 am 

Gregg,

any updates on the 261? Did you have to mortgage the house to buy gas? :D

Got any more pics?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:17 am 
Dolphin

Hi Rick
Hows it going and a good update.

Well after a month off from boating muffler related and back in the water 8) 8) I have had the boat out in 4 different locations and trying to find the right place for me to boat , I now live in the west side of the state near LK Michigan and grew up on the east side of the state Lk ST Clair where I got spoiled very calm water and lots to do. Lk Michigan is a bit rough at times you would think that the ocean is rough people that leave the navy some cant handle the waters of lk mi my wife included she cant handle the waves of lk mi. Back to update seems I have found a great spot in Muskegon and a marina called Great Lakes Marina, its on Muskegon lk and has an attached lk called Bear lk water is very calm for the wife and friends and quick acess to lk mi for me. There is some going ons in the area beaches dunes restaurants and lots of go fast boats and no problems from the local sheriff everyone I have spoken to says you have to do something real stupid for a pull over, I can also boat north to Potesky which is a fun place.
So far I have used 2 tanks of gas lucky part here the company I work for has been giving us gas cards and so far nothing out of pocket and there is 3/4 tank ready for the next time out. I road the harley out to lk mi and the gl marina the water was so still it looked like a sheet of ice 8) 8) so my next move is winterize the boat for the year and next year im going to do an in / out service I think I can save gas to and fro and make life easier. Next year should be a good one for my type of boating its not a real fast or big boat but should be a great all purpose toy. Should mention this there are roughly 20 40 foot go fast boats at the marina this place has a pool , social areas , showers and gas 449 a gal.
Thanks again for all your help take care Gregg 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:30 am 
Dolphin

Now that I have found a great spot to boat I will get some pictures on plane and a vid 8) 8) next im emailing White Castle to open a place on the water
he he.
Take Care all Gregg 8) 8)

Post subject: Sounds good!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:13 am 

Hey great!

I'll bet you've used yours more than I have used mine! We've had a pretty crummy summer up here in the NW! :?

Make sure you do a good job with winterizing when that comes..... I can't remember if you had closed cooling or not but it's not a bad idea to use a tub of antifreeze that can catch what comes out of the boat and just let it circulate all thru the engine. If you're not closed cooled you need to let it run long enough to open the T-stats. Just use muffs and a short piece of hose connected and let it suck up the 50:50 AF mix. The advantage of using AF is that even if you still drain the block and manifolds it's AF that gets pooled in the areas that don't drain completely. Just use the non-toxic stuff...

I can hardly wait for the pictures/video!!

regards!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:20 pm 

stumbled across this post cause I love these liberator boats, so cool! Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_d2DajxZys&NR=1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:52 pm 
230 Mike

Love the sound, but the guy really needs to put his drive down.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:03 pm 

230 Mike wrote:
Love the sound, but the guy really needs to put his drive down.

Yeah.....It makes me want to put my Capts Call back on mine!!