PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:38 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Gregg,

Hows that project coming?

Did you find a decent set of mufflers?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:07 pm 
Dolphin

Hi Rick
Sorry for not posting I did find some silencers from Eddie Marine for $79.95 a pr they are installed and have been waiting for my repair and report inspection they said they have seen 10 to 12 decibel drops but probably 6 or 7 that would be enough for now hopfully this weekend will be clear to run.

Next im looking into new guages tachs, oil, temp, amps black faced and a clock.

I did install a Garman 545s and love it will look into the v2 chip after guages.

I'll give you a good laugh here do you remember me mentioning that the port engine would'nt stay running this is what I found took fuel pump off inspected it looked ok did a preassure test 6lb ok removed carb and rebuilt ok checked all the wiring ok checked coil ok the engine would start and run for 30 sec and shut down but would start back up and run 30 sec and shut off again over and over again then I remimbered that when I got the boat home and before I got the muffs and before I ever started it up I noticed a wire that was split in 2 so I got my wire set out and repaired the wire, well I went through the whole system and could find nothing wrong so I thought what the heck so I cut the wire that I fixed and its been running great ever sinse??!! :roll: 8) anyway both engines are at 650 rpm at idle and if you could'nt hear them running you wouldnt know they were.

I will report back as soon as I kow what the new reading is.

Take Care Gregg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:05 am 

Great on the silencers...

I hope they work. I think just about anything on the stacks would reduce the noise a little. I'm sure it's enough to satisfy the boat cops. I'm a little surprised that they were able to make you modify the boat. It came directly from Four Winns that way. Most states don't require you to "fix' something that is OEM even if it doesn't meet current laws. I would do it anyway. I hated the way mine sounded with the thru-hulls...

If I even hook mine back up I think I'll use the Corsa Mufflers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 am 
Shark

I hear ya on the OEM, but the cops on the west side of the state have been absolutely over the top with the noise ordinance. I quit running my go fast over there (back when I had it), especially Grand Haven Area!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:51 pm 

Yeah,

I guess there's some areas that have ordinances that exempt some older boats and other places that do not allow ANY modification of any exhaust systems at all. They usually stand unless someone (with a lot of money) challenges them!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:02 am 
Dolphin

We are back on the water, how does 89 db sound just under the 90 db limit.

Not very happy with the silencers they rated at a 10 to 12 db drop and some said a more respective 6 to 8 I went from 93,3 to 89.7 with 3 of us standing on the back of the boat to help get the exh under water anyway we are semi legal for now.

My next step is to get some 4" dohnuts cut into 4 peices and route the exh down underwater hopefully that will keep me from getting stopped all the time.

On a good note we were out going through Grand Haven heading out to the big lake lots of boaters and people on the pier giving us the thumbs up, made me feel great when a Fountain guy gives his approval and an appachie gives his and people pionting and thumbing up. Its the start of the Coast Guard Fest. Today we are heading over to Muskegon for the afternoon the waves are small and we can open it up a little and have some family fun.

Take care Gregg