www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 am 
Dolphin

Hello,

New to the forum, just got a 1988 Liberator 261 Twin 460, and have been learning alot about this boat over the past several weeks before, during and after purchase. I haven't got it home yet but should be delivered in a week. I Love the classic style/lines of this make and model. I was glad to read the all the information from those with knowledge about this boat. I plan on running it with the stock setup for as long as possible and then will see if I upgrade or repair.

I'll be posting some pictures when I get home and the boat arrives. I belong to several other forums (Powerstroke Diesel and Corvette topics) and so I know how valuable it can be to belong to a site like this. I just have to figure out how to post pictures on this site.Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:38 am 
email admin your custom rank

Welcome home!

You'll find that the members here think that the Liberators are pretty cool (I know that I do!). A couple members have pretty cool stock and modded Liberators.

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 am 

Welcome and I can't wait to see some more pics!

2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition (http://www.nhtoc.com) 378 hp & 465 tq at rear wheels
2008 Honda Accord EX-L w/Nav

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:26 am 
Dolphin

Thanks for the welcome. I've been through this part of the forum and was happy to see others Liberators - I have alot to learn about them. I won't be on the forum for the next 2 or 3 days cause I'm traveling home from Qatar, but the boat is due to arrive Thursday or friday and I'll post picture by the weekend. Looking forward to getting on Lake Pleasant before July 4th weekend if all is well with the boat. Previous owner said it ran great last week at Lake Michigan...we'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 pm 

Yee haw! Another Liberator!

I would love to have a 261 (maybe without the 460's though!)

Are you at Camp Andy? I would like to buy a condo over there......go over on vacation! :shock: well.....maybe not! :roll:

You also might take a look at Speedwake.com...There's a pretty lively Liberator discussion going on there too!

Hope you're home for good!

regards,

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:25 am 
Dolphin

Here's another pic from the ad. I had the previous owner take this one because I thought the ad pics might have been old pics, because it looked so clean. The boat will be heading my way Monday afternoon, arriving Thursday!

Yeah, probably heading back there for a few more months, somewhere between 6 months to a year more. Been doing this for 6 years now!!!! Things have improved dramatically there, as far as living conditions. You don't even need to buy a condo, they'll let you live in one of the new ones for free (if you qualify...).