www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:50 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I do agree with the fact that there is nothing wrong with a well maintained OMC drive as long as you can get techs to work on it who know what they are doing....when I got our boat 7 years ago it went into gear OK but would not come out of gear into neutral....I took it to a good local shop with techs that had gone to the OMC schools and had all the knowledge...and after they got done with it it shifts with 2 fingers...that was 5 years ago and all I have done since then is just maintenance....every year I pull off the drive at the end of the season and check the bellows for water...grease the gimble...ujoints...change drive oi...lube all shift pivot points...and even after being slipped in salt water for 6 months at a time...still shifts with 2 fingers...and it's 21 years old.....

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:52 pm 
Minnow

Well I also found a 1991 211 with an omc 350. What kind of difference will I notice in fuel consumption between a 221 w/454 and 211 w/350? We don't plan on a ton of high speed stuff, just once an a while. Mostly just some casual cruising to the sandbar, and pulling our small kids on tubes. We will likely have a full boat most of the time. Also what would the difference between a 211 w/350 and 211 w/454 as far as fuel consumption w/same scenario as above? Is there any advantage to the older style (1987) over newer ones? The built in swim platform seems a lot nicer than the teak one?