www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:50 pm 
Shark

Brian if you have the means consider extending the pedestal poles your seats are on. I never realized how short the original seats were as my boat came with extensions welded on. Mot sure how tall mine are but when I sit in the seat my feet dangle 2 inches short of the floor. Really allows better line of sight.

1997 Four Winns 203 Coast Runner-150hp Ocean Pro Evinrude
"BONA 4 TUNA"
1986 19' Bayliner Capri 125 Force

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:33 pm 
Guppy

mannix2 wrote:
I'm the OP and I still have my 203 Coast Runner. Mine is a 1997 with the 150 Evinrude. What year is yours? The rear seat trick is to grease the pegs and once you get it aligned I put cable ties on it to keep it seated fully which avoids it backing out and warping.

I can get you the dimensions of the bimini this weekend. I actually have a gently used red bimini and full camper canvas. The original owner of my boat boat an extra set of both and only used it a few times.

I love this boat, it's been a pleasure to own. Glad to answer any other questions you have.

Thanks - weird that I never saw your reply until another post popped up 5 months later. Thanks for the rear seat tip - I’ll give that a shot. I’m having a canvas guy put together a Bimini for me. Four Winns finally responded and said their records didn’t go back that far. I thought that was weird. I mean I know they didn’t make many of these but still... anyway, so excited to get this in the water. I can’t wait - course it’s not helping that it’s mid-March and there’s still snow in the NJ forecast.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:23 am 
Guppy

mannix2 wrote:
Glad to answer any other questions you have.

Have you ever considered moving the battery switch or changing to a remote switch? It’s such a pain to get to - mine anyway is on the transom, starboard side, behind the battery.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:50 am 
Shark

No I have a routine where I remove the backrest and seat while on the swim platform and reach over and switch the batteries on when I enter or exit. Then on the hook, the first person to remove the backrest and seat remind me to switch to one battery on the hook. My switch is starboard transom in corner next to battery not behind it. It was awkward at first but once I got a system, it seems natural now. Also easy to check if you switched batteries off by unsnapping the corner of the mooring cover and reaching in.

"BONA 4 TUNA"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:04 pm 
Guppy

I wish mine was located there. I tried to post pics but couldn’t get that to work. Odd that they’re not all in the same place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 am 
Shark

I'll try to get you a picture of mine this weekend.

"BONA 4 TUNA"