www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 pm 
Tadpole

Hello Everyone,

I have been all over this forum as well as several others and still can't get a straight answer or solution for my boat. I recently hit a rock and currently working on replacing the outdrive and replacing/fixing my prop.

I have a 87' 211 Four Winns Liberator. I trying to figure out what the best prop is for the boat. I have a 5.7 Merc, 1.50 gears and currently running a Mirage 14-3/4" X 17 prop. My RPMs at WOT are around 4000. My top speed on the speedo (no gps readings) is around 40mph. Before I bought the boat the previous owner installed a freshly built 350 block. He didn't winterize it two summers ago and you can guess what happened next. I am starting to think he didn't set the timing or throttle up correctly given the low rpms compared to the prop size. I currently have the motor and outdrive out of the boat. Due to the rock I pulled the motor to check the coupler. I also needed to repair a couple of things while these two items are off the boat.

I keep reading that most 211s with 350s are running a 21p prop. I am not sure if I should try this since I already have low rpms. I put a 21p prop on the boat and took it out but discovered that hitting the rock did more damage than I thought to the outdrive. Outdrive locked up in the middle of the lake, so after being towed back to dock and the boat sitting for a week, I pulled the outdrive. Upper gears are chewed up. Looking at replacing the entire unit given cost factor. Keeping fingers crossing the insurance is going to kick in.

In the end I am looking for help in determine if I need to re-throttle/set timing on motor and what prop has worked for most 211libbys. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:54 pm 
Tadpole

New here but have a Liberator 211 (1986) I use my 19" if I'm going to be pulling people all day long skiing, tubing, etc. I use the 21" for top speed. 47-50 with the 19 52-56 with the 21" feels like I can put a 22 on there still for a few extra. Slightly warmed over 5.7 with the alpha 1. Trim it up and let it fly!!!! :mrgreen: