www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:20 am 
Livin' the Dream

Flyer51 wrote:
chris268 wrote:

My friends swear by biokleen, I will get some on order, just for that reason, when under neath, it is strong, I always use rubber gloves with Mary Kate's, I don't think that's necessary with the biokleen...

Hope to hook up with you in Shelbyville this summer. Been boating there for over 20 years, just upgraded to a slip at lithia. I usually go to cove 5, sometimes skull,

I didn't find the Biokleen product to be nearly as offensive as the Mark Kate stuff but it seemed to work as well or better. I didn't have gloves on hand and had no real problem under the boat. I was glad the sunglasses I carry around are safety glasses so those came in handy.

We're slipped at Findlay so we end up in Cove 5 if we're late getting to the lake. We are in Skull quite a bit as well and toward the end of the year we were there more. The water in 5 was getting kind of nasty with all the people in it and we thought Skull was a little cleaner. I'm often with my brother-in-law and his Regal 3060. We go all the way to the back of the coves since it seems like once we're on anchor we stay in one spot for a day or more. Had a nice year on the lake although I felt a little foolish winterizing in 80 degree weather yesterday. I saw several photos of people still on the lake. Let's make it a point to hook up next summer.

I look forward to it, when I bought the 268 4 weeks ago, took it out for a test and winterized .... strange year for sure. Had so much scheduled, I knew I wouldn't get a chance to get back on the water this year. Kicking myself every nice weekend since....

It seems like the biokleen would be ok to use at on the hoist at the slip, what's your thoughts? Obviously the Mary Kate's is almost toxic, hated using it, but the results were excellent. I have resisted the biokleen purely for convenience, I love to walk into a place to buy it and try it.... looks like those days are over :)

Past
2002 268 Vista 5.7 GXI "Livin' the Dream"
1996 Rinker 192 Captiva. "The Simple Life"
1999 Yamaha XLL 1200 Waverunner.
1976 Mercury Marquis tri hull 120 hp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 am 
email admin your custom rank

chris268 wrote:
It seems like the biokleen would be ok to use at on the hoist at the slip, what's your thoughts? Obviously the Mary Kate's is almost toxic, hated using it, but the results were excellent. I have resisted the biokleen purely for convenience, I love to walk into a place to buy it and try it.... looks like those days are over :)

I'm on a lift and before I took it out I used the Mary Kate on the hull while it was in the air. I found the liquid stuff works better than the gel. I had been putting it in a spray bottle and sprayed it on the hull. If there is any breeze at all it will come back on you. I found myself spraying a bit while holding my breath then backing away. I just bought the biokleen hull cleaner and first used it yesterday. I find it much easier to use. Only used it once but I like it so far. I have not used it while I was on the lift.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:14 pm 
Livin' the Dream

Flyer51 wrote:
chris268 wrote:

I'm on a lift and before I took it out I used the Mary Kate on the hull while it was in the air. I found the liquid stuff works better than the gel. I had been putting it in a spray bottle and sprayed it on the hull. If there is any breeze at all it will come back on you. I found myself spraying a bit while holding my breath then backing away. I just bought the biokleen hull cleaner and first used it yesterday. I find it much easier to use. Only used it once but I like it so far. I have not used it while I was on the lift.

If you would use Mary Kate's on the lift, I def think biokleen would be good to go

Past

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:06 pm 
email admin your custom rank

chris268 wrote:
Flyer51 wrote:

If you would use Mary Kate's on the lift, I def think biokleen would be good to go

Didn't say it was a good idea! That stuff can be nasty and it dripped down on the pontoons but I submerged the lift pretty quickly afterwards. Spraying the Biokleen I didn't get the feeling it was eating right through my trailer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:37 pm 
Livin' the Dream

Flyer51 wrote:
chris268 wrote:
Flyer51 wrote:

Didn't say it was a good idea! That stuff can be nasty and it dripped down on the pontoons but I submerged the lift pretty quickly afterwards. Spraying the Biokleen I didn't get the feeling it was eating right through my trailer.

Lmao! I understand! I love the results of Mary Kate, will be happy with a less caustic solution

Past

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:34 am 
french 829

+1 on the Bio Kleen. Thanks for posting. This has helped clean up the bottom of my boat big time!

2011 Nissan Armada Platnum