www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:12 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I need a new cover for my H250. The highly recommended marine cover guy came out to the house, was very professional and knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. I have to keep the boat on its trailer covered in the driveway through each summer season and I trailer 1-4 hours to various lakes. I need a cover that covers at least down to the rub rail (protect the gel coat from sun exposure/oxidation)and cinches rather than snaps (highway speeds). I have a snap on mooring cover that is great for when on the water and when I do moor overnight. He recommended Sunlon material, stating he believes it is the best premium choice for my needs. I am used to the nice canvas sunbrella material and always heard this was THE material to use. He said sunlon does not breathe like sunbrella but he vents the tops he makes. I don't doubt that he is right, but wanted to see if any of you good folks have had experience with sunlon? Also, the $900 estimate seemed acceptable.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:34 pm 

I haven't priced one out but these "Outer Armor" mooring/trailerable covers by Commercial Sewing look really cool.

Info: http://commercialsewing.com/products/ma ... le-covers/

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHawSpZoZM0

In 1997, we created a “no tie down strap”, “self clinging” design which revolutionized the way a mooring cover looks and feels. It incorporates our patented Vacu-Hold® System, eliminating the need for any tie down straps and is a model-specific cover that protects the boat in any situation or form of transportation. It is uniquely designed to provide continuous UV, water and dirt protection, keeping the boat clean and dry.

MATERIAL

Sur Last BW+® Marine-Grade high performance solution dyed polyester – specifically constructed for Mooring cover application
Longest lasting water repellency available
Lightweight for easy installation and storage
Self standing Anti-pooling System (APS) – “New” carpet friendly pole foot
Dual 304 Stainless Steel Ratchet Tightening System
Custom tower/arch collars to prevent water intrusion
“New” custom molded cleat doors
“New” molded fuel door
“New” molded ratchet boots – full protection
Custom Graphics
Storage bag

FEATURES

Patented Vacu-Hold® Strapless Trailering System – eliminates billowing and buffeting, allowing the cover to travel conforming to the shape of the boat
1-person easy installation
Lightweight for easy storage when not in use
Anti-pooling System – Keeps water from pooling on the cover
304 Stainless Steel Rachet Tightening System with protective boot cover
Custom molded cheat reinforcements
Custom Sewn Tower, Bimini or Arch Opening w/ Collar
Zipper fueld cap opening
Storage bag
Custom multi-color graphics

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:48 pm 

I have seen the outer armor ads and looked at doing that but I had some trouble finding anyone around me who is a supplier. My boat mechanic and others always recommend local made covers. Also I couldn't get a price.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:43 pm 
Starfish

I have a '05 210 Horizon, new to me in 2013. The previous owner only used it once or twice a year and otherwise parked on the trailer in a heated garage, so he only used the mooring cover that came with it to keep it clean, but not a good cover for trailering. It does have the rope to cinch up in the rear and you could bungee cord down the mooring cover to the trailer, as there are loops along the edge of the cover, but I still wanted something better.

In the spring of 2015, I caved and bought the Outer Armor cover, after seeing my brother in laws in action on his Chaparral boat. Before taxes but including shipping, it cost me $875. You can call the manufacturer and ask all the questions you have, right here in CT as I am, but they only sell to dealers. So, you'd have to call a Four Winns dealer and they can order it for you. You'll have to give your dealer your HIN so that they know your boat and they'll work it out with the manufacturer. Excellent cover that I use for trailering and while in my slip for 5 months of the year. Can't beat it, excellent product.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:14 pm 

I did not go with the Outer Armor, and received my local made trailer cover recently and am very happy so far. Have had no issues with 4 1 hour hauls at highway speeds. no leaks and no chafing the gelcoat.