www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: liquid glass
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:27 pm 
Starfish

Liquid glass was mentioned in another topic and I was curious to see if anyone else uses it or has heard anything about using it.

I have some left over from when I had my Motorcycles but since I sold them last year it has just sat on the shelf. Liquid glass worked great on the cycles but I wasn't sure what it would do to the gelcoat of the boat. that and I know that once you put that stuff on the only way to get it completely off is to use steel wool (00) and mineral spirits.
would I ever need to take it off? I don't know.......

So who has tried this stuff on boats.... yeahs or neahs...

Post subject: Re: liquid glass
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:23 am 
Shark

I applied a coat of polish on the hull of my boat then a coat of liquid glass for the first time this year. On the directions on the back of the can it mentions something about retarding barnicles on fiberglass. I haven't used it for years on my boat but think its safe.

Here's some more info taken off the mfg. website:

This amazing special formula makes it possible to coat your vehicle with a clear, hard, smooth, and mirror-like finish with a minimum of effort. The finish will not crack, chip, peel, or turn yellow. Liquid Glass is safe for use on today's clearcoats, gelcoats, acrylics, metalflakes, candy apples, pearls, plastic paints, epoxies, urethanes, etc. Also does an excellent job on chrome, aluminum, stainless steel, brass, etc.

Use on automobiles, trucks, vans, RV's, motorcycles, and other vehicles. Provides excellent protection against normal road, atmospheric, and other sources of pollution, dirt, etc. Retards oxidation of painted metals and fiberglass. Also use on aircraft to protect, keep clean, and reduce surface friction. It also has hundreds of uses in and around the home, (for example, Formica, ceramic tile, jewelry, glass, sporting

Post subject: Re: liquid glass
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 pm 
Sting Ray

I have used liquid glass for several of my toys including my Lotus Seven automobile which had an aluminum body. The stuff is expensive but truly amazing. What I like about it is the ease in which it comes off once it is dried and also the durability of the finish. A poor mans version is nu0finush but it burns my hands, must be a petroleum based product. I currently use Griots paint sealer, and apply it with an orbital buffer with great results as well. have fun!