www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 am 
email admin your custom rank

Given I have a large family and a faulty waste holding tank gauge, my tank gets full quickly and sometimes overflows which compromises the vent filter. Tired of smelling up my dock neighbors and shelling out $70 to $100 every time the filter needs replacing, I researched the web and came upon this CSR thread that shows you how to recharge the existing holding tank vent filter (http://tinyurl.com/clubsearay-thread). I finally took the plunge and followed the steps on the thread and the recharge only took about 30 minutes and no skill required. Now, when we overflow the holding tank, all I have to do is unscrew the filter and fill it with new carbon from PetSmart at a cost of about $5.00. It works great and the process is not as messy as you think it would be but I did wear latex gloves for precaution.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 pm 

I recently replaced mine with one from local guy called Big Orange, it works on the same premise that you just replace the charcoal each year,or when required. No need to replace the entire filter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 am 

I made two of the refillable ones and always have one ready as a quick spare. A bumpy day on the water seems to always wet the filter if the tank is over half full.

This season, I've been using 100 gram aquarium charcoal in a porus bag instead of loose charcoal. It's a little easier to empty the tube. Make sure you wash and dry the tube between uses. The water ruins the charcoal, even clean water.

These work great and save a ton of money, given the low cost, I change the filter more often and thats a good thing.