www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 pm 
email admin your custom rank

askieffer wrote:
I am kind of confused, how are you watching a movie on a head unit? can you run a monitor of some sort off of it?

Ric has not done his home work. The fiusion has a video output than can connect to your TV or monitor. The sound comes over the speakers used by the Fusion's head. The display is not 1" but more like 2" which makes it much easier to use than most head units.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:36 am 

Paul I. wrote:
askieffer wrote:
I am kind of confused, how are you watching a movie on a head unit? can you run a monitor of some sort off of it?

Ric has not done his home work. The fiusion has a video output than can connect to your TV or monitor. The sound comes over the speakers used by the Fusion's head. The display is not 1" but more like 2" which makes it much easier to use than most head units.

That's kinda redundant considering every 12v tv has a built in DVD player. Sorry I'm not a fusion fan, they are the Apple of boat radios. Way overpriced, at least 3-5 years behind other radio technology, and require expensive proprietary connectors.

And oh hey, they don't include the .50 cent bluetooth chip so they require you to install a wireless router on your boat and purchase the $10 app on itunes in order to stream music wirelessly.

Please oh please don't install that garbage. I installed the latest JVC digital media stereo, a couple of polk DB651's, polk DB1040 subwoofer, a couple of cerwin vega class D amps, made my own high end speaker and power wires, and every accessory, nut, bolt, whatever I might need for $450. Sound quality is crystal clear almost studio quality. $450 won't even get a Fusion installed.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:21 pm 

ric wrote:
Paul I. wrote:
askieffer wrote:

That's kinda redundant considering every 12v tv has a built in DVD player. Sorry I'm not a fusion fan, they are the Apple of boat radios. Way overpriced, at least 3-5 years behind other radio technology, and require expensive proprietary connectors.

And oh hey, they don't include the .50 cent bluetooth chip so they require you to install a wireless router on your boat and purchase the $10 app on itunes in order to stream music wirelessly.

Please oh please don't install that garbage. I installed the latest JVC digital media stereo, a couple of polk DB651's, polk DB1040 subwoofer, a couple of cerwin vega class D amps, made my own high end speaker and power wires, and every accessory, nut, bolt, whatever I might need for $450. Sound quality is crystal clear almost studio quality. $450 won't even get a Fusion installed.

No one is saying you should have one. I just think, you keep saying things without looking into it!! You might say and i am not saying it, putting foot in mouth. Also, you are not thinking about the needs of others, that they could be differnt than yous.

As in again, NOT every 12V TV has a DVD player in it. My TV is 120V and it can display high def (dvd player can't do that). My IPod has 80Gig of storage, no need of discs or to carry them on board!! I like the idea that the sound is coming over the system. I can also control the volume of the zones, You on a small boat don't care, I do and bigger boats will, Apline, JVC or Sony can not do that.

Unlike you on a small lake, I do my boating in or out side Boston Harbor. The Fusion can monitor VHF channels, I can listen to the VHF channels to over the system. For me thats helps to hear calls over the sound of the engine. I will use your words, "Please oh please don't install that garbage".

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 am 

Paul I. wrote:
No one is saying you should have one. I just think, you keep saying things without looking into it!! You might say and i am not saying it, putting foot in mouth. Also, you are not thinking about the needs of others, that they could be differnt than yous.

As in again, NOT every 12V TV has a DVD player in it. My TV is 120V and it can display high def (dvd player can't do that). My IPod has 80Gig of storage, no need of discs or to carry them on board!! I like the idea that the sound is coming over the system. I can also control the volume of the zones, You on a small boat don't care, I do and bigger boats will, Apline, JVC or Sony can not do that.

Unlike you on a small lake, I do my boating in or out side Boston Harbor. The Fusion can monitor VHF channels, I can listen to the VHF channels to over the system. For me thats helps to hear calls over the sound of the engine. I will use your words, "Please oh please don't install that garbage".

Couldn't agree more - I'm very happy with my Fusion. BTW, since Fusion is just like Apple - it works perfectly with all my Apple products. I'm not saying I'm happy with the proprietary nature of apple products, or the fact that sometimes they omit newer features - but I do love how they all work together very well without me needing to fuss. I'm willing to spend money to save time.

Bottom line - if you're not worried about spending ~$400 on a head unit, and have an iPod to put inside, you will love the Fusion product. Even more so if you have 2 distinct zones.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm 

weather wrote:
Paul I. wrote:

Couldn't agree more - I'm very happy with my Fusion. BTW, since Fusion is just like Apple - it works perfectly with all my Apple products. I'm not saying I'm happy with the proprietary nature of apple products, or the fact that sometimes they omit newer features - but I do love how they all work together very well without me needing to fuss. I'm willing to spend money to save time.

Bottom line - if you're not worried about spending ~$400 on a head unit, and have an iPod to put inside, you will love the Fusion product. Even more so if you have 2 distinct zones.

Yep!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
Dolphin

I can't rave enough about how much I love my Fusion. As far as it being behind on technology, the only thing it doesn't offer is bluetooth streaming, which is completely useless on a boat to me. I have Sirius installed, my ipod works faster than any other automotive head unit I've used (which is a lot!), and the sound is great! I love the remote with FULL control from the swim platform. I know I'll use the multi zones in future sound upgrades. The ipod control lets you skip through the artists quicker than anything else I've ever used with the alphabet scroll. The piece of mind that it is 100% waterproof and my ipod sits inside too is great, even though that area of my boat should never see water. The display looks great in all light. It was only $350 on Amazon, how is that overpriced? The internal amp is great too, it made my stock speakers sound much clearer and louder than the kenwood in before. Next spring I'm installing an alpine amp and Polk MM's