www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 am 
Dolphin

So I was taking some measurements on my boat that is still in storage yesterday to figure out my LED order when I hit a snag on my plan. I was planning on putting some speakers by the driver and passenger, however it looks like there isn't quite enough space when I was measuring. I had originally wanted to mount them in the panel in front of the throttle on the drivers side, and behind the handle on the passenger side. This does not look possible with the lack of space, I was going to put an Infinity 621 there, along with upgrading the rest of my speakers to the same Infinity's. Any ideas? Here are some pics. I might just have to go with the upgraded speakers in the stock location for now. I also thought about putting the speakers in the front part of the bench seat, however this is also where I was going to put my sub, so then I would have to find a place for that again. I also thought about building some boxes and putting them in the side pockets, but that doesn't seem like it would be a good spot acoustically, or won't it matter on a boat? Enough talk, on with the pics:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Go with 4" or 5" midrange coaxials.
You're fitting a sub and on a boat, you're going to get bugger all bass out of 6" speakers anyway...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm 
Dolphin

That's what I had figured. I just sprung the extra $170 to do an Alpine pdx.5 amp and the polk 651UM's over the infinity and fusions since I was buying less speakers then I planned on. I also bought JL's marine 10w5. In the future I'll probably do some small speakers up in these areas as well, however I think my output should be plenty. The reason I'm still considering it is so I don't have to have it louder to the people in the back for me to hear it clearer.

I also bought the multicolor LED's for the interior, with a music sync'd controller. I'll be enjoying the sound this summer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Nicely maintained boat... your interior looks like new.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 am 
Dolphin

Thanks! The interior is perfect in it, which is one of the reasons I couldn't resist buying it last fall. I can't wait to get it out again since I've only had it out 3 times in the fall with winter jackets on!