www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 pm 
Dolphin

Hello I have a 2009 H190 and would like to add 2 additional speakers and replace the 2 stock speakers. Want to go from 2 to 4 speakers. Don't want to add any amps and would just like to run them off the stock radio. Suggestions on where to put the 2 additional speakers. Also suggestion on what type of speakers to add and replace the 2 stock speakers with?

Thanks for the help.

2007 H190
4.3 liter
Seattle WA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Where are your current speakers?
Any photos?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 pm 

Mine has two in the front open bow section and two in the cockpit below the dash on the side...

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 pm 
wkearney99

Bear in mind most speaker brands don't use the same sized hole or mounting pattern for the screws. So unless you're prepared to cut some fiberglass or drill and countersink for new holes then going with the same brand & model is a lot less hassle.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:51 pm 

I had 2 one under each side of the helm. Added two to the rear near the seats just at the back end of gunnels.

Not a close up, but if you look, you can see the Polk speaker I added just aft of the gunnel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:49 am 
Guppy

I just took delivery on a 2013 h190 and am looking at adding in two, possibly four additional speakers as well.
I took out the radio and noticed that a nearly fully wired harness was connected to the wiring harness, including what appears to be wire for two additional speakers.
I am really looking for just a little more oomph and two more speakers may just do it.
Does anyone know where these additional speaker lead to? They appear to go forward but I can't really tell from where I'm looking.
It would be my preference if they were in the bow - but I would take them wherever I could get them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 am 

I have a 180 and i have two in the front of the open bow and then I have two at the stern of the boat on both sides actually mounted in the side panels of the material. looks great and easy access to get to if needing to work on them. I can send pics if needed..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:03 am 

If your boat came with two mounted and the wiring for two additional, then you can easily add them. Triple check where you are cutting that hole. There is no going back! :mrgreen:

I picked up one of these to make a nice perfect circle.
http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-Adjustabl ... B000I39OKQ

Wear eye protection and maybe long sleeves. That fiberglass gets stuck in your skin easily and you cannot see it.

If you want to add 4 (total of 6) you are going to need an amp.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:13 am 
Guppy

Can't tell if the speaker wires go forwards or backwards... there is nothing that comes out easily that I can check to see if they are running out front, is there? Near as I can tell, there is not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 am 

My boat is older and did not even have the wires. The harness had the slots, but I had to buy the connectors and connect the wires to the harness. I want some in the bow, but access is not great. Take your back rest cushions off in the bow and see if you have some access holes and can find the wires. If not, run new wires and splice into the existing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:27 pm 
Guppy

I was able to find the harness - it was accessible, tucked on the port side just forward of the engine compartment. They already had the connections on them for installation to the speakers.
Went out to bestbuy and got some cheap kenwoods for $60 a pair and had them in within 2 hours. Hardest part was finding my rotozip. Tried my cordless jigsaw but there was just too much footprint. 3 blades for the 2 5" holes.
Mounted them underneath the back seats - it's not a perfect location but it will do. I will likely add two in the bow and perhaps two more facing rearward when I feel like throwing down for an amp and a 2nd battery. For now it is more than adequate and a vast improvement over the factory speakers and a worthy investment of the 132$ I have into it. Speakers do cut out at around 3/4 volume but I suspect that has more to do with the amp in the stereo than the speakers themselves.
The harness also had an amp remote wire which should come in handy down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:38 pm 
Guppy

When I say it's not a perfect location, I specifically mean that they are too low. These speakers, and I am sure others, are better off mounted higher as the tweeters are very directional and you can't hear the highs with them down on the floor. Speakers up in the bow would do well to balance the mid-bass off the back.
Still... more than satisfied.