www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 pm 
Seahorse

So Ive had my 2000 268 for about a month and a half now, its been getting repowered and drive maintanance done so ive had time to do some stuff that I wanted to get done before I took her out... I did a Fusion IP-600 and 4 Polk 651 (not the UM, I did this because they are rated at 2.7 ohm and the Fusion deck can take advantage of that with its internal amp) I added two speakers to the deck for a total of 4 outside speakers and disconnected the cabin speakers. The new speakers are right in the helm area between the seat and the throttle and next to the transom door. For the factory port side speaker location I took off the speaker screen, cut the wood, and stapled the vinyl so the speaker is now visible. I also added the MS-WR600 wired remote at the helm. This trio of audio equipment works GREAT and sounds AWESOME. The bass doesnt pound but its pretty good and the volume level is great and can be heard at WOT no problem, its also super clear and doesnt distort at all even with full volume. I was a little worried about not adding an amp for these four speakers but the Fusion deck has a great internal amp and is compatible with 2 ohm speakers.

At the same time while doing this I added a new VHF radio, new steering wheel, and a new wood switch panel so it all looks brand new. I also bought new gauges and a new wood gauge bezel all from Four Winns (3A Marine in Hingham, MA said the trim pieces were the absolute last ones they could locate, haha). I changed the ignition for a nice new one with a good looking key, none of that master lock cheap key look. The helm looks great now.

The engine that is now in is a fresh water cooled 5.7 Gi so the added 40 horse power will be great, the boat also has a brand new DP outdrive which was installed last fall.

I added blue LED lights in the top of the recessed cooler area and a blue LED drain plug light (lights up the entire area in the ocean around my boat) no pictures of these yet though.

I have to say that running the wires for the extra speakers and the helm remote SUCKED. You can also see in the pic of the outside of the boat the rear starboard quarter I hit with my new buffer quick and it looks awesome, so looking forward to getting the rest done. Also, just want to say that StarBrite Non-Skid deck cleaner is the BALLS.