www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:41 pm 
Shark

After two days of diagnosing and coming up with a bad Sony HU, the culprit was actually the add-in Audiovox/Sirius XM direct connect that had gone bad! All in all, I have nothing but great words for the stereo shop (DC Sound in Henderson, Nevada) for their persistence and determination to make this work. The technician had worked for Kicker building cars for them for shows and had shown them in the CES. Because the XM is tied into the radio and would still come on in the XM mode, if for only 5 seconds, it didn't appear bad at first glance. Also, this was what was causing the display on my transom remote not to work as the XM direct connect is tied into the remote. When he checked out my Kicker amp, it had a capacitor going out and you could hear a loud hum in it. He said Kickers aren't made for the heat out here on Mead since they are a Class A/B amp. Since my boat is an '11, he said I did pretty well. In the summer it gets up into the 100's and last summer we had a few days at 115. Pretty brutal on an amp cranked up behind the bow backrest getting no ventilation.

So....... that said, I am now the owner of an Arc 805, along with the new Sony CDX H901UI that I kept (have my old Sony that still works as a backup) since they were generous enough to give me at cost. Wow, what a difference from before! My Infinity speakers sound better than they ever have, and I can now hear my subwoofer as there are 240 watts being pushed to it. The amp comes with a subwoofer dial to lower/increase the sound that he mounted under the dash and even has a mini blue light emitting from it. Also, he gave me a three year warranty on the amp that he will replace for any reason. I felt pretty good since he has been in business for a while and builds sound systems for boats that are on the same lake with the same heat that I am.

I am never ordering the upgraded sound system for a new boat again after finding these guys. They are extremely reasonable and I recommend them to anyone within a shot of Las Vegas.

Oh yeah, is it just my imagination, or does the beer taste colder when the music sounds better........

2007 Silverado 1500 CrewCab 4x4

Previous:
2002 Four Winns H200
5.0GXI 270HP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:15 am 
email admin your custom rank

Not your imagination the beer does taste better, especially when you could drown out the crap music being played by other boats.