www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:09 pm 
Seahorse

Guys, I flat out desire a higher quality sound than what I am getting right now out of my stock system. Currently have a 2008 H210SS with the Sony 6.5 speakers and the MTX TM1004 Thunder sub. I don't know much about the speakers other than the fact they suck, and rattle at higher volumes. The sub is designed for infinite baffle operation even though it is mounted in what looks like a sealed enclosure under the starboard back seat. I have already upgraded from the Kicker amp to a JL M700/5 and now am ready for speakers. Here is my dilemma, JL speakers I can get a killer deal on whether I decide the Mx650/M650/M770 but I have also really been liking what I read about the Polk MM651/MM651UM speakers. The subs I am contemplating are the matching subs for each of those setups (JL M10W5 or Polk MM1040), I would prefer to move to a non-infinite baffle design as my research has turned up they have "crisper" bass.

Someone, please help me out! Has anyone listened to both of these speakers? Quality comparisons? Which model should I am for? Take the $$ out of the equation with the suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:58 pm 
Shark

Polk db651 I've just fitted in overheard arch are very crisp. I need a sub - yet to fit this though.
If you want more base and have the depth in the mounting area, the MM series are much beefier.

Twin 4.3 Merc

Previously:
Beneteau 411 Non-Stink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:55 pm 
email admin your custom rank

If you are looking at the JL line, I would not even compare with the Polk. Out of the JL line, if the 7.7 will fit, a larger speaker is always a plus. Between the M and MX 6.5, I prefer the MX with its .75" tweeter for an in-boat.

In RE to the sub. I would pull it and determine the condition of that enclosure. Is it really a complete sealed enclosure? Is it actually air tight and sealed? Any leaks will hinder the woofers performance. Next, calculate the enclosures internal volume. This will help in narrowing the playing field. Your amp has a potential of 300W rms. I would choose a 2 ohm sub and milk it for what its got.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:50 pm 

Look into Fusion. Most on this fourm will not agree but looking at the reviews. :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:23 pm 

Epic thread revival! :lol: :mrgreen: