www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:33 pm 
Shark

OK - so I'm looking at buying a 2nd power amplifier to run the 4 new cockpit speakers off of.

The existing power amp (Jensen Power 760 4 channel) is connected in bridged arrangement to the two Wet Sounds tower speakers currently. They work well but when I turn them up loud enough for a boarder/tuber to hear the cockpit speakers are blaring. The 4 new cockpit speakers are still hooked up to the head unit. So I can fade the rear speakers down with the head unit to make up for the tower speakers but I'm still going to blow my two bow speakers if you understand what I'm explaining...?

So my question is this - the existing power amp is connected to the 'front' output of the OEM Sony head unit. When I install a 2nd 4 channel amp, how do I get both front and rear signals to the front and rear inputs of the new amp? Just use RCA y-connectors out of the head unit's front output? Does that not cause some signal loss? Insignificant maybe?

Thanks for any feedback/info.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:42 am 
email admin your custom rank

Fly,

Most any worth anything, is going to allow you to signal all 4 chnls with using only a single pair of RCA cables plugged into the front or 1 & 2 inputs, depending on how they name them. You need an amp with a mode input switch. In the proper mode, all chnls will play as the input is distributed internally, no external Y cables needed.

Since the existing amp is running bridged into 2 chnl mode, it absolutely requires Y cables. Even then, it may not be the most ideal amp for those Wet Sounds. Which model Wet sounds do you have? I would consider getting an amp for them and then re-purpose the existing amp to the in-boats.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:50 am 
Shark

Thanks Wylie,

That Jensen Power 760.4 amp my dealer put in the boat for the tower speakers is very low-cost but it does have an input mode selection switch. Your explanation makes sense to me - thank you.