www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:43 pm 
Minnow

I have a 2009 H240 that I bought last year and the Sony CDS-HS70MW radio CD combo is trashed. I am looking for recommendations on a replacement radio/CD player that will fit the in dash mounting and the boat wiring harness. The Sony model that I assume came with the boat is no longer available.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:30 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Aftermarket head units have universal wire colors, so wiring up a new unit will be straight forward. In most cases, you will find that boat manufactures take the aftermarket head unit's harness and wire their own connector to the leads, so its mates to the connector that wire to the end of the boat's harness . This is only for speeding up assembly, so dont sweat cutting that connector off the boat harness and wiring the new head unit's harness directly to the boat harness.

You will likely not find a new unit that fits excactly the same as that OEM sony, without at least a custom made thin ABS trim plate to go between the head unit and boat. Good news is, that head unit uses the standard 2x7 cutout. However, we sometimes find that the factory hole is a sloppy cut, making the new fit poorly. This is where that custom trim plate comes in handy.

Both Clarion and Fusion offer singe DIN units with over sized faces.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:01 pm 
Minnow

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I need to do some shopping. I hate the thought of cutting wires...LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:01 pm 
Shark

I thought I had an issue with my Sony last year. I called Sony and found out they have a flat fee repair program. My Sony unit started working so I did not need a repair. It may be an option for you.

2008 V338
Twin Volvo Penta 320hp DP

2002 268 Vista
1987 225 Sundowner
1986 170 Horizon
1975 Steury V415SS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Pull your old stereo out and go look at newer Sony units - they may well have the same connector from the wiring harness (mine did). I ditched the CD player and replaced it with one with ipod/iphone hookups.
If I were to do it over, I'd look at one with bluetooth connectivity and possibly something like this (if it's waterproof) to replace my entire stereo and current dash-mounted remote:
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-PRV-175-digital-receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00JJXBBSY?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Z378GPXBVJGWXYR7MQJ&ref_=pd_sim_sbs_e_3