www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:36 pm 
Shark

I got it!!!

First off, thanks for the reply, tackleshep. "Follow the force, Luke...errr...Follow the wires, Jim."

In my boat, H240, the head unit BUS CONTROL IN plug is occupied by a spliter for the Sirius SIR-SNY1 and the swim step remote RM-X55M. The splitter is stuffed in an access hole of wires located under the dash on the right side of the cockpit. The SIR-SNY1 is attached to the ceiling of the Starboard Helm Console Storage. The wires are pulled through the right side of the boat, through the access hole, attached to the splitter, and then to the head unit.

Once I found the SIR-SNY1, I attached the plugs of the XA-1101P and the IPOD, and turned the stereo on..

It was as advertised...works great!

It's 68 degrees today. I hope to get out on the water soon. Maybe this weekend if the weather holds up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:50 pm 
Goldfish

Just for the record the Sony's XAC40 Multiple UniLink Changer Adapter is cheaper from the sony web site than its listed for on ebay. I believe it is $69.00 from Sony.

Compass
Ratchet cover
Bow and cockpit covers
Bow cushions
Q&Q

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:25 pm 
Dolphin

Walt - Do you remember the part number you ordered from Amazon for the Clarion unit?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 am 
Dolphin

Does anyone know the part number for the Clarion adaptor or do you just use the Sony adaptor?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:38 am 
email admin your custom rank

Hate to revive an old thread, but I am trying to find the right adapter.

I have a Sony CDX L510X head unit and want to connect the auxilliary adapter so I can connect my ipod. Also want to add at least 2 more speakers.

I keep finding this auxilliary unit

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XA300/Sony-XA-300.html

But it is $99 and seems to have way more than what I need.

This seems to be the one every is discussing

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 1665804556

but I want to make sure it fits my particular head unit. Does anyone know?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:17 pm 

I wanted to ask, is anyone else who has added this IPOD media interface connection having issue with their Sony radio? It wasn't until I unpluged this thing from my Sirius box that my problems have stopped. Very strange, every other time I would start the boat only 2 of my inputs (FM and AUX) would show up. I couldn't select the others. (IPOD, Sirius). I wouldn't think it would be a compatability issue, they are all sony. (Head Unit, IPOD Media box, Sirius box) It worked fine for a while (few months). Maybe a bum unit (the IPOD Media box)?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm 
Shark

impulse wrote:
I wanted to ask, is anyone else who has added this IPOD media interface connection having issue with their Sony radio? It wasn't until I unpluged this thing from my Sirius box that my problems have stopped. Very strange, every other time I would start the boat only 2 of my inputs (FM and AUX) would show up. I couldn't select the others. (IPOD, Sirius). I wouldn't think it would be a compatability issue, they are all sony. (Head Unit, IPOD Media box, Sirius box) It worked fine for a while (few months). Maybe a bum unit (the IPOD Media box)?

I have been having problems with the Sony CDX-HS70MP head unit as well. I have to depress the reset button several times a day in order for it to recognize the cd player, sat or Ipod options after I start and stop the motor. When the radio reboots, I get the FM radio and AUX options only. Therefore, I reset and hope for the best. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I contacted Sony about the issue and they told me I needed the Sony XAC40 Multiple UniLink Changer Adapter in order for it to work properly. I purchased the item but it did not correct the problem. I repaced the first Ipod media interface with a newer model but the problems remain.

My wife routinely reminds me that the problem began when I installed the Ipod media interface...Darn it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:55 pm 

Talked to Crutchfield and they told me that the Sony CDX L510X only has RCA output. No input.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:46 pm 

jntwlsn wrote:
I have been having problems with the Sony CDX-HS70MP head unit as well. I have to depress the reset button several times a day in order for it to recognize the cd player, sat or Ipod options after I start and stop the motor. When the radio reboots, I get the FM radio and AUX options only. Therefore, I reset and hope for the best. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I contacted Sony about the issue and they told me I needed the Sony XAC40 Multiple UniLink Changer Adapter in order for it to work properly. I purchased the item but it did not correct the problem. I repaced the first Ipod media interface with a newer model but the problems remain.

My wife routinely reminds me that the problem began when I installed the Ipod media interface...Darn it!

Too funny.......not really. Yes, this is exactly what is happening to me. I've disconnected it from the Sirius box and all is good now. Friend of mine got me a 12 foot mini plug cable for the IPOD so if I can basically sit anywhere on the boat now and still control the IPOD. I also have a short mini plug cable that I use the majority of the time and leave the ipod in the cubby. There were pluses and minuses to the media interface. It was great to be able to control the IPOD from the transom remote for one.............anyway it looks like this is an issue with the way the media boxes were made and not a faulty/failing issue. That's good to know, but still frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:36 am 

I started having some problems too. However not right away. I would frequently have to reset to get it to find all of the input sources. This happened right away after installation although usually after I turned the battery switch on.

More recently my transom remote quit I wonder if it is related? And yesterday while working on the boat my volume control quit working. After I shut the battery power off for awhile and hitting the reset it would work about 50% of the time. I wonder if it is related to the interface too?

I may have to disconnect it as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:59 am 

Those with this interface does it charge your iPod too?

It claims it will but, using it the other day with my son's nano it wouldn't charge and the battery actually died on the nano while we were using it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:20 am 

It charged my for the short time I was using it, but I've disconnected it. To many problems, I just use the mini/stereo jack now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 pm 

tennja wrote:
Those with this interface does it charge your iPod too?

It claims it will but, using it the other day with my son's nano it wouldn't charge and the battery actually died on the nano while we were using it.

Different model Nanos appear to have different connections for charging. I discovered this in my car - my original Nano 1 will charge fine, but my sons Nano 3 will not. Pity, now he has to listen to my music.... :lol:

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport