www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:31 am 
Seahorse

I have encountered two issues after running my 2006 240 horizon this summer:

1. I have remote controls for my clarion stereo on the swim platform and at the helm. This year they do now work as expected or at all for that matter. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

2. The water pump that supplies water for my sink runs and pumps a very small amount. What comes out is the antifreeze from last years winterization. Could this a priming issue? I pumped alot of antifreeze through the pump and water lines last year.

Thanks for your consideration.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm 
Narwhal

1. The Clarion remotes are basically plug & play. As I recall, to hook them up there's a 'din' connector (Large roundish connector a lot like the old IBM Keyboard connectors) and two wires for the gauge light. To have two remotes, each of the din connectors plugs into a Y adapter at the back of the head unit. As you imply both are not working, I'd start by looking for a loose Y adapter connection to the head unit.

2. Your priming issue theory sounds good, but I'd be very surprised if FW used a pump that wasn't self priming for the sink. My thoughts would be to look for a clog, loose connection, or leak in the hose on the suction side.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 pm 
230 Mike

If you haven't gone around and tightened all the hose clamps on the boat since it was new, I'd say there's a good chance the ones on your pump and/or fresh water tank are loose. Mine were.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 am 
Dolphin

I had a low pressure issue with my sink too and it turned out to be a cracked rear shower nozzle. I removed the hose going to the shower and plugged it with a bolt and the system holds pressure now. Still not impressed with the pressure in the sink but it's good enough to wash hands etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:20 am 
email admin your custom rank

All the rigid blue pipe connections on my 2004 boat are push fit. They seem to either not leak or leak a lot! The Horizon of the same year probably used the same method and pump. My transom shower also cracked at the threaded end; managed to mend that using a heated BSP to BSP coupling and screwing it into the plastic shower body.

The pressure on mine is very good, I can't open the sink tap fully or else I'd get soaked. There is an in line strainer just before the pump, that may be causing the reduced pressure. It can rotate in the pump, which gives the impression it doesn't come apart (from memory it is pushed in and a clip is pushed in to retain it, it's sealed by an O ring). It does comes apart though, by twisting the two halves of the strainer body relative to each other.

Graham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm 
Seahorse

Thanks everyone for the information. What I found:

1. Lots of loose screws.
2. Leaky blue pvcs water pipe; at connections. sqeezed back together.
3. I messed around with the sink water pump; fixing essentially nothing and it worked.
3. Wiring to remote controls bad; including "Y" splitter off radio as well as a bad remote controller at stern.

I can also tell you, my clarion radio will work with two different model remotes that are both compatible with my radio. the newer remote model was larger than the older, forcing me to use a dremel and cut my dash creating a larger hole for thru mounting the control.