www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:50 am 
email admin your custom rank

My 03 Freedom 180 came with a Sony head unit and two speakers (under helm on either side). Since the head unit did not have an ipod option, I upgraded it with a new Sony head unit CDX-M60UI and picked up two pairs of the Polk db 651 speakers. I replaced the existing speakers and want to add the two new ones to either the bow or in the rear.

The existing Sony harness was plug in play from the old head unit to the new one. I found that the LR speakers use Green and Green Black and RR speakers use the Purple and Purple black wires. Those wires exist in the harness that is plugged into the head unit. Those wires then run to a white connector that is plugged into another connector and the wires are zipped tied to all the wires under the helm for the boat. It appears that the green (2x) and purple (2x) wires go into the connector from the head unit, but then do not run any further.

This is not the actual connector but so you can see what I am referring to. Forgot to take a picture.

So, my assumption is that I need to run the wires from the new speakers to this white connector that appears to be factory installed. If this is correct, how do you "connect" them in the white connector? Any special tool?