www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 am 
Minnow

Hello All,

We launched our boat over the weekend. All is well, however, the stock Clarion amplifier is not functioning properly and we get no sound in the cockpit. Its the stock Clarion stereo system (XMD3 with Clarion APX480M amp). The head unit is functioning fine and we get audio in the cabin. The amp is getting power and switches on and off with the stereo. However, the blue power light on the amp flashes slowly as opposed to just staying on when the amp functioned normally.

I checked the fuses and connections on the amp - all are fine. I have not messed with any of the wiring, power, etc. during the offseason and its not the fader control. No mention of the flahing light in the Clarion amp manual and my google searches yield little help to troubleshoot.

Does anyone here any thoughts? The boat is a 2005 so I'd be surprised if the amp just died on me. In the 378, they mount the amp behind the electrical panel in the cabin, so its very difficult to get do and will be a challenge to replace myself.

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

unhook the speaker wires, then try again. If the light stops flashing, you have a short in a speaker wire, or a burned out speaker. Attach them back one at a time to figure out which is the problem.

If that makes no difference, unplug the rca plugs from the radio. Same routine, but if the amp stays on as expected, you have a bad RCA wire, or there's a problem with the radio.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 pm 
Minnow

Thank you - I will try that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
268 Vista

I bet it is just your rear speakers that's giving a weak signal. Try this...

The following will restore the programming of the rear RCA pre-amp outputs to full frequency range.

1) Press and hold "Title/ADJ" button for two seconds
2) Use "SEARCH" button to scroll through the menu until the display reads "SW LPF".
3) Press the "VOL UP/DOWN" button to engage "REAR" full frequency range audio signal.
4) Once the desired adjustments are completed, press "TITLE/ADJ" button to exit program menu.

IF THE BATTERY SOURCE IS DISCONNECTED FOR MORE THAN 48 HOURS, THE RE-PROGRAMMING IS LOST.

IF A BATTERY IS REMOVED FOR WINTER STORAGE, THE RE-PROGRAMMING WILL BE NECESARY AGAIN IN THE SPRING."

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy