www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: radio memory
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:29 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I have to agree with you there! I don't really care what time it is, but just noticed that it does that.

Interesting, though. Went out this weekend, and now the sirius doesn't work. It shows no channels at all, has no sound. I can't switch to the channel 0 or 184 to test either. But, "sirius" shows up on the display. I think the bottom line is that this radio is a POS. I don't know if warranty will cover it, but if it does I"m going to try for the other Sony instead.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm 
Shark

I would like to breath some life back into this thread....

I have also had similar issues with the strereo memory and rebooting after starting and stopping.

I have read different ways to correct the problem. I am considering on running two wires, each with a fuse, directly from the battery, bypassing the Perko switch:
1. Red 16 gauge wire for power to stereo
2. Yellow 16 gauge wire for memory for stereo and Sirius.

I understand it is paramount that I turn the stereo off completely before storing boat. Do any of you see issues doing this way or is there an easier, more efficient way to complete this task.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:56 pm 

I just put in a new stereo. I got the Sony M60UI. It was not expensive. List is $199 and I got it for a lot less than that. Since it's a sony, everything plugged right in. I did the swap in about 15 minutes. That solved the problem.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:51 pm 
Shark

jntwlsn wrote:
I would like to breath some life back into this thread....

I have also had similar issues with the strereo memory and rebooting after starting and stopping.

I have read different ways to correct the problem. I am considering on running two wires, each with a fuse, directly from the battery, bypassing the Perko switch:
1. Red 16 gauge wire for power to stereo
2. Yellow 16 gauge wire for memory for stereo and Sirius.

I understand it is paramount that I turn the stereo off completely before storing boat. Do any of you see issues doing this way or is there an easier, more efficient way to complete this task.

I ran the yellow and red wires today back to the battery and have included each with an inline fuse. I was underneath the helm and saw a multitude of wires leading in all directions. I located separate yellow and red wires off the radio harness leading back into the starboard side of the boat. Are they leading to the Perko switch or somewhere else?

I could just cut them as I am positive they are the stereo wires but I hate leaving bare wires unatteneded and possibly creating a short.

Any advice chime in!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 pm 
Shark

Sounder wrote:
I just put in a new stereo. I got the Sony M60UI. It was not expensive. List is $199 and I got it for a lot less than that. Since it's a sony, everything plugged right in. I did the swap in about 15 minutes. That solved the problem.

I gave up on the original Sony and bought the M60UI. You sia dit swapped it out in 15 minutes? Did you need an additional or aftermarket install kit or did you reuse existing hardware? Gonna tackle this one tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:12 am 
Tadpole

I'm assuming this happens because the radio doesn't have power with the key off, to run the memory functions. So, I'm assuming I need to move the yellow radio memory wire to a fuse that is always powered. Is this the problem? Or, is the Sony head unit just a piece of junk? I've also considered just replacing the sony with the newer sony model. Will that help? I'd go to a different brand, but I have the sony wired remote and sony sirius receiver. Mine is an '08 and I have the same problem. Only on mine, the FM/AM presets stay as well as accurate time. My problem is with the Sirius, it keeps telling me to call to activate even though I have done this twice. As soon as I try a Sirius station, it works, but the presets for Sirius are wiped out. I called Sirius tech support and they said I need to have the dealer check it out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 am 

Sounder wrote:

I gave up on the original Sony and bought the M60UI. You sia dit swapped it out in 15 minutes? Did you need an additional or aftermarket install kit or did you reuse existing hardware? Gonna tackle this one tonight!

Sorry I missed this note. You know by now, but for the benefit of others... The hardware and wiring is exactly the same. Unplug one and plug in the other. Perfect match.