www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clarion CMD4 - Sirius ID
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:26 am 
Tadpole

Purchased a 06 H260 this winter and would like to sign up for Sirius. I'm an electronic cripple and can't seem to figure out where to find the Sirius ID #. As well, the sub and tower speakers won't work. Any ideas ?

Thanks, Rob.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:11 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I have an 06 240 and I'm an electronic cripple too. The dealer gave me all the instructions along with the ID number, and while I don't remember what to do, I called an 800 number and it was very easy. That said, the reception on the Clarion head unit on Lake Norman NC was always hit or miss, only worked about 1/2 the time. The dealer service dept could always get it going, then the next weekend it was not working again. It was not worth the trouble so after the 6 months free trial, I gave it up, listen to ipod and CDs.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:34 pm 
Narwhal

I think if you call in to subscribe, Sirius can walk you through pulling up the ID # on the Clarion's digital display. When you say the sub and tower speakers don't work, are you saying that the other speakers work fine? Maybe an amp isn't powering up? I added a switch to be able to disable the power to the amp for those times when I don't want to blast tunes as much. Well, for that and for when the Admiral is using the stereo unattended. :lol: Could be your boat was wired in a similar manner.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:52 pm 
230 Mike

Between 4 people on the boat having their own iPods and arguing over who gets to use the input, the fact that all the settings and even the service itself would get lost every time I turned my batteries off, and the cost of the service, I gave it up too.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:08 am 
wkearney99

The settings are only going to get lost if you don't wire up the system properly. There's supposed to be a constant power supply to the radios. This to keep their settings. For in-water boats with shore power this isn't a big deal, but for trailered boats it means being sure to keep a trickle charger attached when stored.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 am 
Narwhal

Only radio pre-sets are lost when batteries are disconnected. The sirius subscription/ registration remains - in fact my three month trial ended up being closer to three years because I'd put the boat in mothballs before they broadcast the registration cancellation. They finally got me last summer, still deciding on whether to subscribe or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 pm 

You should be able to see the sirius ID on channel zero, 1 or 184. One of those has it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:10 am 
wkearney99

Jim_R wrote:
Only radio pre-sets are lost when batteries are disconnected. The sirius subscription/ registration remains - in fact my three month trial ended up being closer to three years because I'd put the boat in mothballs before they broadcast the registration cancellation. They finally got me last summer, still deciding on whether to subscribe or not.

Heh, I had the same thing happen with mine after the initial trial ran out. I think it took another 3 months for the 'kill message' to get to my radio.

Also note you can suspend your service for a few months. I do this for the weather service. No point in paying for it when the boat's in storage. I don't know that I bother to suspend the music because I think it's a date-range service, not a month-to-month. But be prepared for Sirius to inexplicably screw it up. I had to call them back a couple of times because they killed the service several times. Bit of a hassle but all it took was 10 minute phone call to solve.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 pm 

actually my paid subscription ran out in February, and it still works. I've called them about it, and they said the account is canceled. The same thing happened in the wife's car. I canceled it well over a year ago, and it still works. Now, that one doesn't get much use from her. But, when I turn it on it works. Maybe the boat is the same issue that it's only used a few hours a week, so doesn't get the kill signal.

I didn't want to push them too much... I do pay for sirius in my car plus have the extra internet subscription, so I'm paying enough to them! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:14 pm 
Sting Ray

I've had free sirius since 2007,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:44 pm 

I have read several business publications that say Sirius is losing a lot of money, has never made a profit. After reading some of these posts, I think I know why. I cancelled because it was not reliable. Many say they are getting it for nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 am 
Tadpole

Thanks for the help. Got it figured out, downloaded the manual from Clarion and the ID was accessable through the head unit menu. Sirius hooked up and tower speakers and sub running fine. Now some volume and Octane on Sirius and I can piss the sailors off at our Yacht Club !