www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:05 pm 
Tadpole

I purchased a Sony Marine Head Unit. I attempted for 10 hours to install into 1995 Four Winns 20' Horizon. The original head unit was removed. I kept the wiring harness and cut wires and soldered connections then shrank wrapped all connections. But I have no response from the unit. I have checked the power with my tester and am getting 24 on the meter. I have tried going back and forth from swapping the yellow and red wired from the unit. I have connected directly to the battery with both + and -. I might try connecting both yellow and red to the constant battery terminal???? Can you offer any help? I also tried the marine unit in my truck (I have Sony XPlode in all my vehicles) When I hooked it into my truck it worked fine. So I tried the truck harness and wired it into the boat wires.... Still nothing. Ready to loose my mind. Help me from quiet on the River!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:43 am 
email admin your custom rank

Hi

Right off you stated & I hope it is a typo " I have checked the power with my tester and am getting 24 on the meter"

You should see 12 volts. Unless you have 2 batterers that wired the parallel some how?

You tested out the unit in your truck and it works. Check you voltage readings again!! If that fails, check breakers/fuses. For trouble shooting only, get a about 10 to 12 feet if wire, speaker wire will do. Take the meter and put it on the POS radio led, the take the NEG lead with the wire and go to the NEG side of the battery OR any GOOD known ground. If you get 12V on the meter, you lost the ground. Do just the reverse, to see if you lost the POS side.

Remember, the boat is a 95 so there could be corrosion. I have seen wires when metered show 12V, BUT under load, the current can not flow due to the corrosion.