www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 am 
268 Vista

Quote:
FUSION®, a worldwide leader in car audio and marine audio, announced today it has signed a four-year partnership with the American Boat Builders Association (ABA). Under the terms of the agreement, Fusion is an approved and preferred supplier of choice for the independent boat builders buying group through 2016. While several ABA members including Regal, Monterey, Grady-White, Correct Craft, and Godfrey currently offer Fusion high-performance, marine-grade stereos as standard equipment, the partnership adds Cobalt, Chaparral, Formula, Rinker, Stingray, Pursuit and Ebbtide boats.

Noticeably absent is Four Winns..... wonder why ? :|

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am 
email admin your custom rank

Four winns changes every few years. They were big on Clarion in the early 2000s now they're pushing Sony. Clarion is complete trash, I'm really unhappy about the fact that if I buy a early/mid 2000's Sundowner it will have Clarion. It will cost a small fortune to change remotes, speakers, and head unit. Ugh.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 am 

I put a JBL Marine unit in mine with sat radio, it works fine.

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am 

ric wrote:
Four winns changes every few years. They were big on Clarion in the early 2000s now they're pushing Sony. Clarion is complete trash, I'm really unhappy about the fact that if I buy a early/mid 2000's Sundowner it will have Clarion. It will cost a small fortune to change remotes, speakers, and head unit. Ugh.

$1,200 to do an Alpine CDA118m head, 2 Alpine amps and 6 Polk Audio db651 speakers when I ripped out my stereo.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:57 pm 

They do have some nice features. More power than Sony.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:41 pm 

Fusion is the laughing stock of the audio world, IMO. :lol:
Their marketing campaigns are great, but there's such better performing products for money, on the market!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:06 am 

deafwish wrote:
Fusion is the laughing stock of the audio world, IMO. :lol:
Their marketing campaigns are great, but there's such better performing products for money, on the market!

I am NOT sure on there sound. Never owned one. What about it, don't you like? Noise, separation, clipping?

What it does have, that no other models have. (At least from what I have seen.) There NMEA2, which means if you have a bus already running though your boat, you can add on remotes to control the head. Cuts down on the wiring! The remotes can display, speed, heading & more!! But this is made more for the bigger boats.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:33 am 

Paul I. wrote:
I am NOT sure on there sound. Never owned one. What about it, don't you like? Noise, separation, clipping?

Paper specifications will back my comments to a degree, but a demonstration of Fusion's products campared to say a Polk will make my comments blatantly obvious.
p.s. Separation is commonly known as 'imaging' and/ or 'staging'. Both of these are almost impossible to perfect on a boat and has to do with their mounting position.
p.p.s. Clipping is also known as 'distortion' and (contrary to people's belief) is generally due to under-powering a speaker.

Class dismissed! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 am 
268 Vista

deafwish wrote:
Paul I. wrote:

Paper specifications will back my comments to a degree, but a demonstration of Fusion's products campared to say a Polk will make my comments blatantly obvious.
p.s. Separation is commonly known as 'imaging' and/ or 'staging'. Both of these are almost impossible to perfect on a boat and has to do with their mounting position.
p.p.s. Clipping is also known as 'distortion' and (contrary to people's belief) is generally due to under-powering a speaker.

Class dismissed! :roll:

Glad I did not pay for that class. :roll: Fusion speakers are decent, but their are better out there. Infinity, JL Audio and Polk all make excellent marine speakers. Focal would be your high end speakers if you have the $'s. This thread was intended to be informational about Fusion products in general making their way into more boat brands as OEM equipment. Their HU's are as good as you will find for a car/marine application. So comparing a Fusion HU to a Polk , which does not even make a HU, is irrelevant.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:56 am 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I believe my experience warrants mine.
I'm sorry if I upset you, but my last response was simply answering a question.
p.s. Captain Morgan's is the poor man's Appleton's! :wink: :P Big fan of both...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:36 am 

deafwish wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I believe my experience warrants mine.
I'm sorry if I upset you, but my last response was simply answering a question.
p.s. Captain Morgan's is the poor man's Appleton's! :wink: :P Big fan of both...

Did not bother me. I am a, if you will, a audio nut. I do understand clipping, DACs,.......

But, I just want to learn because I am thinking of replacing my current unit in my boat. Fusion is pricey, but a lot of options!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:59 am 
268 Vista

Did not bother me either, maybe too many Appleton's.....

More.....

Quote:
Fusion’s marine audio suite will provide ABA builders’ buyers with an iPod integration unit that conceals an iPod in its waterproof body and a marine stereo with Fusion-Link that provides access, control and communication with multifunction displays, remotes and compatible screens, as well as the Apple iPad or iPhone, and various Android products.

Official Press Release

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:54 pm 
Clownfish

I just purchased the Fusion MS-IP700, two MS-NRX 200 remotes and four infinity 6.5 speakers from Amazon and it cost me $859.11. I am starting to get the equiptment today to replace the Clarion unit that gave up the ghost on me recenctly. If interested I can report back on the quality (not that I am an expert) and ease of use. I mainly bought it due to the multi zone ability and because the unit is completely sealed from moisture.
ric wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:08 pm 

Fusion would be okay if they had bluetooth. I don't know about you, but everyone I know including myself have smart phones and ipods. Plugging in a wire to the headphone jack ridiculous. I picked up a JVC KD-X50BT for $90 shipped, it does everything more and better then a $400 fusion except multizone which will never get used due to noise pollution from the other source 10ft away.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am 

I've been using my Fusion IP-700 for the entire year (got one of the first ones in Canada) and I must say I love it. I replaced the cockpit speakers with Polk and left the stock in the cabin as we are rarely there except to cook and sleep. The ability to set relative volume level's per zone (up to 4, but 2 with internal amps) is fantastic. Say I set the cabin to 5 and the cockpit to 8, then when I turn up and down the volume both area's change but maintain their relationship to each other. Very easy.
My one disappointment was the NEMA 2000 connectivity - I hooked it up to my network, expecting to be able to control it from my Simrad NSS-7, but it doesn't work. The Simrad only works with the Sonic Hub, which is made by Fusion. To get around this I plugged the IP-700 into a cheap wireless router and use a second iTouch with the Fusion App to remotely control all the features, from anywhere within range.
The sound is good in my books. Also, no need to plug in any wires - you can insert an iPod into the radio or a USB stick and they remain hidden.