www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:55 am 
Andiamo

Well, I finally got a chance to make some calls regarding August Availability for slips from Port Jeff to Greenport, NY and Essex, CT!!

I am hoping that some of you may be able to coordinate a small FW Get-Together somewhere along the trip! I would absolutely Love to meet many of you! Here is our FLoat Plan/Trip Agenda along with Marina contact info:

Saturday, August 11th - Arrive in Port Jeffferson around Noon and check in at Danforths Inn and Marina (631) 928-5200 for 1 Night

Sunday, August 12th thru Tuesday, August 14th Leave Port Jeff midmorning on Sunday and cruise along the north shore of LI to Plum Gut and onto Greenport, NY. Check in at Townsend Marina in Greenport for a 3 night stay thru Tuesday. (631) 477-2000! Tuesday tentatively a "Day Trip" to Montauk.

Wednesday, August 15th thru Thursday, August 16th Leave Greenport mid morning and back thru Plum Gut and across the Sound to the Saybrook Breakwater and up the CT River to Essex, where we will be spending 2 nights at Essex Island Marina (860) 767-1267

Friday, August 17th, leave Essex early morning and begin the journey back to Piermont NY in the Hudson River, probably including a 1 night stayover somewhere in the middle, TBD, perhaps "On the Hook"!

Obviously, All of the Above highly dependant on Weather conditions!

My Cell# is (201) 376-3273. The name on the boat is "Andiamo" and I usually monitor Ch16.

If these dates work for you, and you can join us at any point along the way, it would be Great! If nothing else maybe a few of us can meet in Greenport and make the trip back to Essex together, or just meet up in Essex at some point on Wednesday or Thursday! My reservations are complete and there is availability at all of the above at this time. I Sincerely hope to see some of you then!

Post subject: TRIP IN THE LI SOUND
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:56 am 
Clownfish

Maybe on the way back to the Hudson from Essex on 8/17/07 you should do an overnight in Zeiglers Cove in Darien, CT. Great protected cove with private moorings that are always free in the evening for overnighters. As a matter of fact, we will be sleeping there tonight. Could be a good way to break up the long ride home.

HBender
2006 248 Vista
Norwalk, CT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:45 am 
Andiamo

Thank You for the reply. That sounds like a good suggestion. We were trying to think of a good stopover to break up the 120 mile trip home. Being it will be a Friday night, maybe we will see you there?

Thank You Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm 
Clownfish

If the weather is good that evening, theres a very good chance that I might be floating by the cove after I leave the office....

Post subject: Re: TRIP IN THE LI SOUND
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:48 pm 
Andiamo

HBender wrote:
Maybe on the way back to the Hudson from Essex on 8/17/07 you should do an overnight in Zeiglers Cove in Darien, CT. Great protected cove with private moorings that are always free in the evening for overnighters. Could be a good way to break up the long ride home. HBender 2006 248 Vista Norwalk, CT

HBender, this cove looks like a Great half way point for us as you said. I think we are going to plan on spending Friday night (8/17) there. Do you have any suggestions on the best course to plot from Saybrook Point to Zeiglers Cove. It is approx a 60 mile trip. Looks like I should stay pretty well south of the CT shoreline to avoid all the rocks?? What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:02 pm 
Clownfish

Giaccamo,

Zeiglers is a great spot.
Heading West along the CT shore you should stay well off the shoreline. There are many small islands just off shore, and I would not get too close to them, because there are rocks, especially at low tide. But if you stay south of the shoreline and these islands, and consult you charts/GPS, you should be fine. Stay south of Westport and the small lighthouse there. Once you pass the Norwalk islands to your south, you will see the old oil refinery (you will see the tall smoke stack) Continue West until you hit the Sheffield Island Lighthose just west of Sheffield island (p.s. there is a ledge just under the surface that runs from the island to the lighthouse. Stay south of it until you pass the lighthouse). Once you hit that light house, a hard right turn 90 degrees will put you right on target to the cove. There are a ton of bamboo poles marking submerged rocks that are there, but dont worry, there are no real hazards if it is not low low tide. Stay in the middle of the passage into the cove as best you can. When you start to see the white mooring bubbles you know you are there. Just grab an open mooring. Toward the back is calmest and most relaxing. Let m know if you have any questions. I think I will be taking a half day that day, so most likely I will be there in the early evening. If so, I'll look for you. I always monitor channel 88.

Heath Bender
2006 248 Vista
"Weekend Bender"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:05 pm 
Clownfish

I meant to say "once you pass the Norwalk islands to your North...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:52 am 
Andiamo

Heath, Thank You for all that Great Local knowledge and guidance! We are really looking forward to our trip! Let's hope the weather cooperates, and maybe we will get to see you that Friday!

Thank You Again,
Jim.