www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Title optional states...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:48 pm 
Seahorse

Anyone familiar with this term. I am buying a boat that is registered in Rhode Island and bringing it home to CT. I have seen the advice that I make sure the title is clean and free of all liens and encumberances, but the present owner says there is no title, just registration. I thought he was crazy but in looking into it further, it appears that both R.I. and CT don't require titles (I think!). what does one do to complete a sale than??? Can any of this process be easy????

Post subject: CT and boat titles
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:19 pm 
Clownfish

CT is not a title state for boats. You will not get what you are used to seeing as a "title" like when you buy a car. I went throught this when I bougt my new 248 Vista at G&R. The ownership document is called a Certificate of Orgin. It is like the title. If not buying new, when the boat reg is tranferred to you, make sure you get a copy. If you are financing (and the previous owner did), the original of the COO will be with the lein holder.

Hbender
2006 248 Vista

Post subject: Re: CT and boat titles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 pm 
Seahorse

HBender wrote:
CT is not a title state for boats. You will not get what you are used to seeing as a "title" like when you buy a car. I went throught this when I bougt my new 248 Vista at G&R. The ownership document is called a Certificate of Orgin. It is like the title. If not buying new, when the boat reg is tranferred to you, make sure you get a copy. If you are financing (and the previous owner did), the original of the COO will be with the lein holder.

Hbender
2006 248 Vista

Thanks..appreciate it. Threw me for a loop when I heard no title.