www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: G&R
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:33 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Does anyone know if G&R in Ct still a Four Winns dealer. Their website shows almost no new boats and Four Winns does not have them listed as a dealer any more? What gives.

Post subject: Re: G&R
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:55 pm 
Seahorse

248 Vista wrote:
Does anyone know if G&R in Ct still a Four Winns dealer. Their website shows almost no new boats and Four Winns does not have them listed as a dealer any more? What gives.

Absolutely, Bryan Douglas is the owner. Not sure why Four Winns took them off as a dealership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:22 am 

I know that Bryan and Dick took it back over from Halverson, but I find it odd that Four Winns doesnt list them anymore and they dont have many new boats anymore. Just odd I guess. When I bought my 248 2 years ago I got it from Mellen. Four Winns had them as the dealer in CT. Then all of a sudden, they were just gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:47 am 
ShanMan

I talked to Bryan about 2 months ago when I was researching my 278. He had one almost identical for a great price.

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:22 am 
Andiamo

Hey Guy's! I just spoke to Bryan at G&R, and rest assured they are Still a Four Winns Dealer, and going strong! From my perspective still the best Service Around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:08 am 

I guess I am just weird about it because of what happened with Mellen and we may be looking for a 288 to hold us over till we can afford the Nordic. For awhile he had alot of boats and now, not so many boats. I would hate to have to go to Kydds or Twin city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:22 am 
Andiamo

248 Vista wrote:
I guess I am just weird about it because of what happened with Mellen and we may be looking for a 288 to hold us over till we can afford the Nordic.

Brian, I hear you man! You and I are on the same wavelength it seems. I really like the 288 as well as the 318, and would be a great next step on our way to the Nordic 37 several years out! BTW, I really hope we can get together while I am in Essex or Greenport for that matter while I am there on my August cruise. I have slip reservations in Essex at the Essex Island Marina for 2 nights (August 15th and 16th). As I am sure you already know, they are right across from Wilde Yacht Sales, where I can drool over the big Nordic tugs while I am there. Maybe Connie at Wilde Yacht Sales will let you and I sit on one and have a beer while we daydream! We will be in Greenport at the Townsend Marina where we have a slip reservation for the nights of August 12th thru August 14th!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:03 am 

We day trip through there all the time. They are really nice people. Paul even offered me the opertunity to cruise to Newport for the Boat show on the 32. I declined only because I had a feeling I would have a Nordic 32 now. Its just not a reality at this time. Maybe in a few years. I will try to at least come down to EIM whie you are there. My vacations are already booked and none on those dates sadly. It would have been fun to meet in Greenport or the cove. Maybe I will just dink down to you during that week. Going to Sag this weekend and Block next weekend. In the begining of September we will be in Mystic. Have a great trip when you go and hopefully we will be able to get together. I know there are few other people on this board who stay in Essex and others close by. Maybe they can come out as well. Maybe dinner in Essex at the Seal or the Gris. Who knows. we will talk to you as the dates come closer. Havea great week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:11 am 
Andiamo

Sounds Good! Enjoy your upcoming cruises! They really sound Great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:34 pm 
Dolphin

Talked with Brian this weekend, he was just out in Michigan picking out his show boats for the Norwalk show...think what you are seeing is his normal sell out of yearly stock, especially on larger cruisers. He did say that it looked like prices were spiking up, another sad effect of high oil prices...get you coming and going.

Giaccamo, I'm in Essex but do not think I will be there mid week when you are there...we're in Mass. and other than vacation days it is not practical to get down during the week. If anything changes we'll let you know, if you have any questions about Essex that have not been answered on the board let me know.

Joe B.

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288