www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:13 am 
email admin your custom rank

I got this off of another forum. My 180 Horizon is my first boat and don't see issue like this guy is talking about. Is there certain areas I should look/watch for trouble?

"Here is my two cents. My dad and I rented a FourWinns 190 bowrider (last week) in addition to his Mastercraft for a houseboat trip to Lake Powell. The was the most cheaply made boat I've ever driven. The throttle was attached to this flexy peice of plywood. The boats top deck had a ridiculous number of stress cracks. The seats were about ready to fall apart. I was absolutely blown away by how poorly that boat was built. Then tonight we went to Anchor High Marina in Hendersonville TN for dinner. There was a long wait for dinner at the marina. Durning this time I decided to check out the new FourWinn boats sitting on trailers. They just started selling them. I could easily flex te side of the boats and flex the top deck. Nothing has changed! Flex = Stress Cracks! Stress Cracks = Ugly Boat. I would spend the extra money and get a Chapparal, Cobalt or Sea Ray. They are all well make boats that actually don't skimp on Fiberglass. I sure as heck wouldn't want a boat that looks like a spider web a few years later. You pound on any part of my Sea Ray 200 Select (21ft) and all you hear is a SOLID Thud! Oh yeah that is why my boat weighs 500# more and with 90 hours in the less than a year no stress cracks! SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!"

I repet this statement was NOT from me. It was off of another Forum.

Thanks for the info!
Troy

2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition (http://www.nhtoc.com) 378 hp & 465 tq at rear wheels
2008 Honda Accord EX-L w/Nav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:57 am 
Shark

Well, first off he 'rented' that boat, so you know it's had the worst/hardest usage possible. Secondly, FW are not the most expensive boats out there, and not the pig-heaviest. I'd rather have a lighter laid up boat than one that's so heavy it can't get up on plane.
For the price range, you can't beat the smaller FW boats. For all we know, he's a dealer that used to sell FW and had his dealership pulled because of issues and he's just spouting off. Any boat can be destroyed or kept perfect, all depends on who owns 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:14 am 
Mental Floss

His statements are are hogwash as he isn't comparing apples and apples.

FW 190, LOA 18' 6" Beam = 7'11" @ 2650#
SR 220, LOA 21' Beam = 8'6" @ 3550#

More comparable

FW 210, LOA 20'10" Beam 8'6" @ 3230#

Plus, comparing a rented boat to a personally owned one...give me a break!

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:36 pm 

Thanks guys,

I thought the same way, about the rented boat. It would be like comparing rented cars.
Hell my boat being a 94 I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to watch or look in certain area's for trouble.

Thanks again

2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition (http://www.nhtoc.com) 378 hp & 465 tq at rear wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:57 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

Chapparal must put more effort into thier bow riders, because thier cruisers sure don't impress me!

Also note my reply... And for anyone else who cares.. The post 1Nice is reffering to is on Trailer Boats on the "Boats" section under a post titled: shopping for new 20-21 ft bowrider.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:05 pm 
McLovin

my 07 seems very firm no flex anywhere. I guess once you run into docks many times that the fiberglass cracks and flexes LOL Imagine that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:05 pm 
Forty six and Two

PURE AND UTTER BULLSH*T!!!!

The wife and I looked for three years off and on at boats. We went to a dozen dealers looked at a bunch of used boats shopped the shows talked to owners. The day we bought our boat at the show we spent 6 hours looking at searays fourwinns glasstrons regal and a bunch of others.

The Four Winns was the best of all of them in the 20' range bow rider. My guess is this guy got a bad deal or feels ripped off or the rental guy hurt his feelings and is acting like a child. Id put my H190 up against anything he can bring to the table in that range. :evil:

I wonder why he didnt bring his boat instead of spending 4-500 to rent one?

73 International Scout II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:20 pm 

I feel the same way ^^^^. I love my boat. I haven't had it very long but I think it is TOP quality (except for the stupid gauges). And everyone you see on the water always says nice boat.
I thought that guys statement was BS but I wanted to ask the "experts".
Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm 

Maybe he wanted to brag that his other boat is a Mastercraft...

Troy - I think that any issues that he brought up would have most likely surfaced by now with our boats (> 5 years old)

Current boat: 2011 Yamaha AR210
Previous boat: 1998 Horizon RX 4.3GL SX