www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:03 pm 
email admin your custom rank

The boats were not working for our "adult weekend" (no kids, no dogs, no grand parents) but we still spent the weekend on the water! Mostly like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:20 am 

Fired the boat up today and checked out the manifold temps with the IR thermometer. Starboard side runs t 4 degrees hotter than port at the Mani and riser....not much of a difference but noteworthy. Can't go to lake since ramps still underwater.

Headed to Cape Coral for a week for baseball...should be interesting to check area out in between games.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:56 pm 

making the master list for what to pack for vacation.. 10 days on Kiawah island in a big ol spread overlooking the golf course with a pool and 30 years from the sand. We rented this house 2 years ago and fell involve with it. Yup we hit the road on friday.

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11136
1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD
2015 Emotion Stealth Angler 11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:38 pm 
Shark

Found the correct hubs for my Load-rite trailer. They are 3 1/2" in length through the center. Evidently they are called short hubs 5 on 4 1/2" centers.
Everything went like clockwork and had them both changed in 1 hour.
While I have things apart, I spayed Rust Reformer on springs and hangers.

These new hubs have studs sticking out which I like better. You can hang the tire on the studs and then install lug nuts.

http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0013&Tp=

My old hubs had stud nuts and were just a flat face on the hub.

Now for some good weather to go boating lol

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:35 pm 

My Cobalt was starting to run rough at idle so I swapped out the cap, rotor and plugs. Runs great now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW6H1moqabk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:50 pm 

Found the reason P/S fluid was in my bilge. Line leaking at cooler from cheezy stock plastic squeeze-clamp. Gallon of Purple-Power and two real clamps tomorrow.

Jimbo
Na. Ga.

2000 170 Horizon LS
4.3GL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:11 pm 

Rebuilt my sunsport pad today. One of the machine screws pulled out of the hinge last weekend. A little poking around and figured out that section of wood was starting to rot. Picked up a new piece of marine ply, traced the original onto the new ply, cut with the jig saw, a little sanding and reassemble. Only 2 extra trips to the hardware store for bits and pieces :) Overall, it turned out well. Not perfect, but for a 16 yr old boat good enough for me.

Upcoming project later this summer or early fall will be to rebuild the sides of the head rests for the sunsport seating. Plenty of leftover marine ply for that job.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm 
Shark

Weather was perfect all weekend long. Today was almost 30C and we were in the water non-stop!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:53 am 

Hardly a cloud in the sky yesterday. High of 90F and a nice breeze. Spent most of the day on the intracoastal waterway, the sandbar at Peanut Island, and lunch at a waterfront restaurant (Frigates in North Palm Beach, FL).

prev. boats:
'87 Chaparral 198CXL 4.3 OMC Cobra
'69 Jetstar 16ft Ski Boat, 115hp Yamaha
'68 Aluminum Jon Boat, 3hp Sears
'64 Water Wings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 am 

My Father In Law is in town and wanted to go out on San Diego Bay. Those plans were scuttled yesterday because of my nephew who is terrified of boats... :x
So, we went to the Maritime Museum on San Diego Bay (which is actually pretty cool) and then paid extra to go out on a bay harbor tour on a Pilot boat where my nephew was still terrified... During the Pilot boat tour, My brother in law says "Can you imagine sitting on your boat drinking a beer right now"?
Yes, that's exactly what I was imagining and what the original plan had been....I just gave him a half smile and enjoyed being on the water.
Fun times....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:50 am 

We didn’t go out yesterday (took the family to the movies, did some house work and kids were swimming at home) but I did take a buddy and his daughter out on Saturday. We went for a cruise up the South Channel around to the Middle Channel down to Brown’s (a restaurant on Harsen's Island). The water was perfect for cruising.

It was before noon and we were sitting on the deck at Brown’s waiting for our food, watching the boats and enjoying the day when we saw a boat almost crashed into a pontoon. The pontoon was leaving Brown’s moving at no-wake speed and was near the entrance of Brown’s. A solo captain in ~25 year old Larson approximately 17’ in length came in while still on plane and came within a foot of the pontoon, rocking it pretty bad with his wake. This was right next to Brown’s docks so there is not a lot of space on either side. The Larson slowed down after clearing the pontoon, the pontoon captain rightfully had some words for the Larson captain but the Larson captain only raised his hand to acknowledge that it was his bad.

We proceeded to watch the Larson captain dock his boat in one of the shorter spots along the side of Brown’s. It took him a good 15 minutes to do so as he was clearly wasted and it is barely past 11 AM. I hear a splash and see he was now in the water. At least he is touching ground and his head is above water as I would hate to get wet trying to save a drunk from himself. He tried to lift himself up at the dock but it was a lost cause even with the higher water levels. The drunk then went around to the back of his boat where he would use the swim platform ladder. First try, he fell back in. The second time, it took him several minutes of very deliberate movement but he finally made it up on the boat.

I pointed the Captain Drunk to the waitress and she kind of shrugged and said “It’s Brown’s”. I have been to Brown’s many times and never seen anyone like that. But I only go during the day. I thought they would call the cops on him but they apparently did not as he came back to his boat about 30-45 minutes later with another 6-pack then left.

I wish I had called the cops on him. Next time, I certainly will.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:58 am 

GottWhat wrote:
We didn’t go out yesterday (took the family to the movies, did some house work and kids were swimming at home) but I did take a buddy and his daughter out on Saturday. We went for a cruise up the South Channel around to the Middle Channel down to Brown’s (a restaurant on Harsen's Island). The water was perfect for cruising.

It was before noon and we were sitting on the deck at Brown’s waiting for our food, watching the boats and enjoying the day when we saw a boat almost crashed into a pontoon. The pontoon was leaving Brown’s moving at no-wake speed and was near the entrance of Brown’s. A solo captain in ~25 year old Larson approximately 17’ in length came in while still on plane and came within a foot of the pontoon, rocking it pretty bad with his wake. This was right next to Brown’s docks so there is not a lot of space on either side. The Larson slowed down after clearing the pontoon, the pontoon captain rightfully had some words for the Larson captain but the Larson captain only raised his hand to acknowledge that it was his bad.

We proceeded to watch the Larson captain dock his boat in one of the shorter spots along the side of Brown’s. It took him a good 15 minutes to do so as he was clearly wasted and it is barely past 11 AM. I hear a splash and see he was now in the water. At least he is touching ground and his head is above water as I would hate to get wet trying to save a drunk from himself. He tried to lift himself up at the dock but it was a lost cause even with the higher water levels. The drunk then went around to the back of his boat where he would use the swim platform ladder. First try, he fell back in. The second time, it took him several minutes of very deliberate movement but he finally made it up on the boat.

I pointed the Captain Drunk to the waitress and she kind of shrugged and said “It’s Brown’s”. I have been to Brown’s many times and never seen anyone like that. But I only go during the day. I thought they would call the cops on him but they apparently did not as he came back to his boat about 30-45 minutes later with another 6-pack then left.

Interesting, someone must have tipped the sheriff off, they were out enforcing the No Wake zone in front of Brown's when I passed by around 1230-1. Stopping boats left and right as well.

Better brush up on the No Wake areas of the blue water channels...seems that they are going to be enforcing quite a bit this summer due to the higher water levels. There are a bunch of places you would never know were no wake.

Past: 1989 180 Horizon

http://www.robcamerondesign.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am 

NOLV4V8 wrote:
GottWhat wrote:

Interesting, someone must have tipped the sheriff off, they were out enforcing the No Wake zone in front of Brown's when I passed by around 1230-1. Stopping boats left and right as well.

Better brush up on the No Wake areas of the blue water channels...seems that they are going to be enforcing quite a bit this summer due to the higher water levels. There are a bunch of places you would never know were no wake.

I printed a chart and keep it on the boat for reference. Luckily, many of the no wake zones do not apply to boats under 26 feet. I uploaded the chart to my OneDrive account for you: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7 ... hoto%2cjpg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:53 pm 

Ill have to try that at home, for some reason its not opening on my work computer. Good lookin out. SUCKS the Sni is all no wake for boats like myself, I sadly just keep running through there...

Past: 1989 180 Horizon

http://www.robcamerondesign.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:02 pm 

NOLV4V8 wrote:
Ill have to try that at home, for some reason its not opening on my work computer. Good lookin out. SUCKS the Sni is all no wake for boats like myself, I sadly just keep running through there...

In the three main channels (South, Middle & North), there are two spots in the middle channel where 26+ have to slow down to no-wake. South Channel is open. North Channel is no-wake for all boats from the mouth of the lake until you get past the North Channel Yacht Club.

There is the 200-600 ft rule in areas where you do not need to slow to no-wake. Boats under 26 have to remain 200 feet from shore and 26+ must be 600 ft from shore when above no-week speed. This is to protect homeowners from sea wall and dock damage so stay towards the middle and/or closer to the marshy side and you will be good.

You'll see when you can open the chart...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next