www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:47 pm 
Shark

So last year my boating season was cut short after only 2 engine hours do to a kidney problem that required surgery. I was able to get the 1995 150 HP Evinrude fogged and the gas stabiled for the Northeast winter. I fired her up the first time this season last week, making it a full 12 months she sat on the trailer, longest since I've owned her. I talked myself out of my usual preseason routine of putting 10 gallons of fresh fuel in it and changing out the plugs, since it only ran 2 hours last season. Tested everything and launched her over the weekend. Started right up, but noticed a small vibration and an intermittent exhaust noise. She was sluggish from a dead stop and under powered. I got it to the dock and called it a day. The next morning I decided to change the plugs and get fresh gas, like I would every spring, but had little faith it could be that simple. The plugs had slightly brown coloring and only the last one I pulled looked dark. I started it up and thought it sounded better, even normal. Headed to the marina on the other side of the lake for gas and realized she was back to her old self. Took her out later Sunday and she ran great. Lesson learned, stick with a routine that works to avoid an unnecessary headache. The admiral who refers to my boat and my "girlfriend" said the boat and I had our first fight. Said she was mad I didn't show her enough preseason attention with new bright shiny spark plugs and she was pouting. Now both my wife and my "girlfriend" are happy again.

1997 Four Winns 203 Coast Runner-150hp Ocean Pro Evinrude
"BONA 4 TUNA"
1986 19' Bayliner Capri 125 Force

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:32 pm 
email admin your custom rank

2 strokes like nice new plugs, esp when the old ones have foggin oil on em that sometimes burns off, sometimes does not...
My old '88 4.3 also likes a nice new set of Delco Marine plugs each spring....

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II