www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:06 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Let dad drive it. A bit heavier on the throttle than I am, but it was a good time. Love the sound of the 5.0 GXi at full song.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:06 pm 

Heading out now to drain the block. So sad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 pm 

Finally fixed a low voltage at the voltmeter, ignition circuit and dash wiring that has been dogging me for years. I think it was related to the Medallion harness that FW used on the older boats. I would have 14.5 V at the batteries with the engine running but only 12 on the dash gauge and intermittent problems with the radio, horn, blower etc not working right. I spent about 2 hrs under the dash one day and took apart all the junctions on the Medallion harness. None were corroded, so I put em all back together. Also took apart and cleaned the cannon plug on the engine harness, that was fine too...

Checked the voltage at the fuse box, with the ignition off it was fine, battery voltage. Same at the B terminal on the ignition switch. As soon as I turned the key to ignition on, the voltage dropped to like 10.5-11V. So...tried a few things....first checked the grounds...by running a long 10 ga wire from the fusebox negative right to the battery negative post. Same result so I know the grounds are not the problem.

Tried the same thing with the positive terminal on the fuse box, ran the wire to the battery positive. The voltage jumped up to 12.6 V with the engine off and 14.3 V with the engine running. Now I knew that the issue is somewhere in the voltage feed from the harness back on the engine, up to the instrument panel. There are a few more things I can check in that harness, but temporarily I wired up this wire as a supplemental feed to the fuse box (from the battery switch common stud, fused at the switch). The engine starts faster, runs smoother and all the gauges and electrical stuff fed by the dash wiring works perfect now. Even with the low voltage the engine always started and ran. The beauty of a simple points ignition system!

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 pm 

Nice. I was surprised to find mine had a cap and rotor even though it has EFI. I was expecting coil on plug.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am 

The day isn't over yet, but I'll be on my way out to storage to pick her up tonight and bring back to the house. It's going to rain later, but I'll brave the storms to get my H180 home.

The weather this weekend is looking perfect for the first splash of this year...I can't wait until Friday!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:10 pm 

Tis the season! We had ice out on our lake today.

I also saw a huge Bayliner cruiser going down the highway today. Must've been close to 40 feet, on a triple axle trailer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:24 pm 
Shark

I put a new engine in a week or so ago. Second start today. I vacuumed cleaned the interior did the windows. Waxed the hull and interior that needs it. I hauled gas she is full.

She ready put the dock in already guys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:06 pm 
Dolphin

Yesturday replaced bellows in my DPS-B. The new drive bellows are stiffer than the old ones, no big deal. Today I installed Neutra salt system. Had the boat four seasons, should of did it when the boat was new. Oh well! Next is a tune up and fresh coat of wax, maby next week after the weather clears. Hope everyone has a good and safe season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:47 pm 

Had some emblem "issues" after our recent trip out this past weekend...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PWj-NwmbsGr_PwzV4ip6q46GvqNBaJmPfKF0a6QgMcu7JOk5MEHSQEMI0XTm0cuz6I-prF8LkdXgZjiYS9U2lbQSKsJH8UvcRLsr5W8o17PQv3QNuAFKaaeWG2vt1OPpjAzHANBdHQ=w2400

Today, I got my emblem sort of put back together and cleaned up. To the untrained FW eye, most won't be able to tell except for the scratch. But I think it turned out pretty good for not costing anything. I had some double-sided tape already, so it was just 20 minutes of my time getting things cleaned up and put back on.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DX-fZz1dXhyLU3Yn2_H0jcacC0OlTYDZwjAUfxcwBkVzfRlywEOUHDxDAkqIsXvA9fc8YfiDDALrq_osLWuDTTOvmq24p34COkQHBXM7ON1B3BX2LHkdSCx13OYdshNTmXHT5lU2gQ=w2400

Now I just need to get the lower unit resealed and put back on the motor... :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:39 am 

Going to get it ready this week.

I'm kind of worried about debris in the lake - it was at record high/flood levels since ice out and tons of garbage (docks, 100 gallon steel drums, logs, etc.) were washing up on people's shores. I even wrote about it on my blog: http://chrisleoonline.com/edinburg-ny-boat-launch/

I'm hoping most of that crap is gone by this weekend. The lake is finally receding and there was a huge windstorm this weekend that blew away a lot of debris.

I think I'm going to rock the aluminum prop and just take it slow until I can see what the water conditions are really like.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:47 am 
Shark

I hear you. River is way up here. I painted the trailer to make busy.

But our dock isn't even in because the river is so high. I talked to another boater the other day. Same here the local lakes are all flooding.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:09 am 

chevymaher wrote:
I hear you. River is way up here. I painted the trailer to make busy.

But our dock isn't even in because the river is so high. I talked to another boater the other day. Same here the local lakes are all flooding.

Are you in NY? I can't remember.

It's going to rain all week here. I took a ride to our launch yesterday and it was littered with debris.

There was a CHRISTMAS TREE at the top of the ramp in about a foot of water. At the end of the ramp was a huge tree limb, with only an inch or two sticking up out of the water. Tons of logs floating by, docks washed up on shore.

Definitely not taking the FW out. I talked to the locals and they all advised against it as well. It's best to wait until other boats are out - let them chop up all the debris, then go for it. lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:26 pm 
Shark

Misterfu02 wrote:

Are you in NY? I can't remember.

It's going to rain all week here. I took a ride to our launch yesterday and it was littered with debris.

There was a CHRISTMAS TREE at the top of the ramp in about a foot of water. At the end of the ramp was a huge tree limb, with only an inch or two sticking up out of the water. Tons of logs floating by, docks washed up on shore.

Definitely not taking the FW out. I talked to the locals and they all advised against it as well. It's best to wait until other boats are out - let them chop up all the debris, then go for it. lol

Cincinnati I am just south 10 minutes. My boat ramp is in the licking river which enters the ohio river across from the stadiums.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:18 pm 
Shark

Well something is happened lately. I saw the guy up the street went somewhere with his boat today. My brother is going tomorrow. But it is a hour drive from here. Little to far for my taste. I will just wait for my landing.

Landings are starting to put docks in. Rumor has it water up 10 foot or not there isnt much wood in the water. I guess it can only flood so long before it all washes out.

I been real busy working. I guess I better head on down see if the dock is in where I go yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:58 am 

This past Saturday morning was time spent putting my lower unit back on my motor. Just haven't had the time to run out to the lake and do it.
After a little time struggling to get the driveshaft lined up, then pulling it all back out to re-adjust the shift linkage, and re-installing the 2nd time, it was finally up and running!
So far so good!

No time spent on the lake, though. Too many crazies around here for us during major holiday weekends. Luckily where we store at Medina Lake, we have a private launch that does not get crowded and people know how to use a ramp! But, across the cove from us is the County Park... enough said!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next