www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:47 am 
email admin your custom rank

I think it depends on the dealer if they used it for a demo model. I bought a "boat show" boat once. I didn't know it was a "boat show" boat until they mentioned it doing the paper work. The only thing I worried about was how many miles on the trailer. I can't imagine being that many, maybe a few hundred.

It worked out great for me. Was a great little boat, the engine was never used so it was brand new. I didn't notice anything from people jumping around in it. Granted it was a small bow rider with the basics so if you're looking at a high end boat with lots of cabinets and doors and stuff people at shows aren't gentle.

I wouldn't hesitate if the price was right. Sometimes they show a discount with crazy numbers and they are all made up like department stores to make you think you are getting a huge discount. Do your homework and shop around. They will take the msrp as the starting number. Who pays msrp??
Even buying a new boat, go through it like it's used and check every little item. Take a sea trial and make sure it's exactly what you expect. Boats are big $$ you need to be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:26 pm 
email admin your custom rank

So we have a "Boat Show" special and I feel we got a deal of a lifetime. It was less than 2 years old with less than 30 hours when we bought it. Our 338 was used for boat shows and executive rides. As it ended up, I have hull number 1 of the Vista 338 design offered in 2007. FW provided a full factory warranty with the boat and stood behind the vessel. We did have a few quirks like several components being 2006 version devices installed on a 2007 boat. These items were nothing major like the clarion stereo, vacu-flush, steering wheel, etc as compared to the production versions. All in all, we got all the bells & whistles since this boat meant to show well and are very happy with our decision.

I would push to have them write this as a new boat purchase so you have full warranty on all the components. I agree that you might want to have the trailer checked out as this probably got the most use. Best of luck.

Previously:
2007 Vista 258 " Just Right"
2005 Horizon 230

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am 
Goldfish

Interesting topic and a timely one in that we're a Four Winns dealer (Hawk's Marine) and we're just starting to stage boats to move into the Annapolis powerboat show next week.

We try to have our boats priced as aggressively possible every day - so there usually isn't a lower "boat show" price (unless a manufacturer is offering an incentive that we can pass along to the buyer). For example the last 26 Wellcraft I sold a few weeks ago, the buyer drove from Key West to Maryland for our deal. One thing to consider is that it costs big $$ to display boats at a show. Our cost for bringing 4 Four Winns, 6 Wellcraft and 5 Rinkers to Annapolis is in excess of $40K. I don't know if that includes the upcharges for floats and other misc items but I know it doesn't include our brokerage booth. However - Annapolis is almost reasonable. We passed on the Baltimore boat show last year because they wanted $15K for two trailerable boats for a four day show in late January.

Any boat that we have in stock that has been at a boat show I try to remember to mention that fact to people when showing that particular boat. I really don't think it is that much of an issue because all the boats are sold with full boat and engine warranties and they are inspected, detailed and delivered in the same brand new condition as one that we just pulled the shippping wrap off.

We usually do have one boat that is a true demo with a great deal. Since we're FW the dealer on the middle Chesapeake Bay and Groupe Benneteau's US HQ is in Annapolis. This year is the second in a row in which we've been able to offer the CEO's Horizon 350 demo boat for sale. I'm not sure what this # will be this year - but it should be well over $100K off msrp. Probably high 2's for a H-350 OB with twin 400's, generator, AC, retractable awning, windlass, and most items on the option list. My recollection is that it has about 50 hours. It will be sold with full new boat andmotor warranties.

Having said all that -- if anyone from this website does make it to the Annapolis show next weekend (Oct 11 - 14) please stop by our in-water display (we're at the end of ego alley) and say hello. If anyone wants 1/2 price tickets for the 12-14th they can call our office (410-204-4800) and Alicia can make arrangements to e-mail them to you.